Tutorials

Tutorials

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am

Hey everyone,

I would like to make a series of short tutorial videos on YouTube for the game. It would be great if you are new to the game some ideas that you would like to see covered or if you are a vet maybe if you recall anything you struggled with initially when playing the game that would make things better for new users.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Tutorials

Postby BB Brand » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:35 pm

1) An explanation of EVERY skill rating in terms of what each skill covers and what a rating of "1" means and what a rating of "100" means. For example, "inside shooting covers shooting percentage near the basket. A "1" rating means he hits 10% of hit shot attempts, while a "100" rating means he hits 80% of his shots". These are made-up numbers, but you get the idea.
1a) I assume "ball handling" means turnover rate?
1b) "discipline" was mentioned somewhere as meaning foul avoidance, I think?
1c) "court IQ" was also mentioned somewhere, but I still don't get that one.
1d) I don't know what "defensive ability" means. If a "defensive ability" check succeeds, how will play be affected? Will the offensive player be forced to pass the ball instead of shooting it if this check succeeds? I'm guessing here.
1e) endurance seems obvious, I think.
1f) for 1a - 1e, can you fill in any details I missed?
BB Brand

Postby edvillelin » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:41 am

Was there any tutorials made? I just bought the game, and wondered if there were any tutorials or guides. Thanks!
edvillelin

Postby CJacksonCowart » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:47 pm

Hey, yes there is! We just started a new video series on YouTube called "Draft Day Academy," which should help a TON for newcomers (and veterans, too!). Here's a link to the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suhpzNNhbic
CJacksonCowart

Postby HikerHiker » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:03 pm

Personally, a step by step tutorial on how to run a multiplayer league would be appreciated.
HikerHiker

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion