Custom Finances

Custom Finances

Postby emplep7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:31 pm

Similar to what the PF games do, is it possible to make PB financials customized to what the league prefers to use?

For example, we can already set the Salary Cap and Luxury Tax thresholds, but it would be nice to be able to set our own contract min/maxes like we can in the PF game.
emplep7

Re: Custom Finances

Postby Rizzo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:46 pm

This would be incredibly helpful.
Rizzo

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:27 pm

I don't want to outright dismiss this but what would be the benefit in adjusting these items? My concern here is how tightly all of the salary information ties in together in pro basketball. For example in trading where salaries have to match (and by match I mean in accordance with the range acceptable) - if you set the league minimum at like 10,000 or something those players will never be useful in a trade. If you set the max at like 100 million some team could clear a huge amount of cap space and offer it to a RFA which could ruin that other team financially and then as more and more teams exceeded what a normal max contract would be then you would have all of the teams as over cap teams and nobody could move around via free agency.

Pro football just operates with a relatively straightforward cap and all the teams just have to operate under that. The salary situation is much more complex in pro basketball so I'd like to understand more about why you want to edit those items as opposed to just opening that up and then having people complain that things are not working properly because they didn't really understand what the consequences of editing those things would be.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby emplep7 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 pm

Appreciate the reply. I think for the financial purposes, it wouldn't be as drastic as that but would allow us to increase the max salaries for each experience range a bit (i.e. for a salary cap of ~63 million, the max for 0-6 might go from ~15 million to ~19 million) to allow for a type of "super-max" component for multiplayer leagues. What we have found is that it is still relatively easy to maintain a powerhouse long term even with current financials but having the ability to alter them a bit will require more financial strategy.
emplep7

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion