Two Way Players Requiring Open Slots

Two Way Players Requiring Open Slots

Postby ripkobe » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Is there a way we could see two way players allowed to play the 45 days or whatever it is they can in the NBA without requiring a roster spot? Makes dealing with injuries easier.
ripkobe

Re: Two Way Players Requiring Open Slots

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:43 pm

The two way spots in the game do not work like in the NBA - its one of the areas that I have changed to make it more friendly to the game and less opportunity for confusion and error overall. In DDSPB placing a guy on a two way contract is basically like stashing him - he gets to play in the d-league but belongs to your team. If you call him up you are required to automatically convert him to a standard contract and therefore he needs a roster spot.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby ripkobe » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:06 pm

Is this something you could see changing down the line? Hardship exemptions could be fun to think about too. I understand this would probably be difficult to implement in this years version, but perhaps for 2023; Lance Stephenson proved he could definitely still play last night, and I think it would give a cool in game function to guys who are in the free agents list and could potentially be on a team but don’t quite make it - also, sometimes in game you see guys forced to play with sore arms and such (which happens in real life too to be fair) that can dramatically change their season stats if say a regular MVP level guy plays a random 4 minutes off the bench. These kinds of changes in game would add more healthy players for the AI to pull from and make it easier for teams to address injuries.

Another question I had - in one of the other topics on the forum you mentioned Euroleague not having a role in the game anymore (fair) but other ideas in mind being on the horizon. Have you considered a format almost like how college works if you don’t have DDSCB connected, where these players can still be scouted and can shift in stats while playing abroad in places like China or Euro? I love looking back at a good team from say 20 seasons ago in game and doing my own “where are they now” kind of things and it’d be cool to be able to follow less prominent guys into their older age.

Cheers Gary! Loving the new version.
ripkobe

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 pm

There are players in the draft pool already from overseas that will have their stats change as the season goes on.

I probably will not change how the d-league works in the future but I never say never. It's one of those things where I try to balance the spirit of it with the workload for the gamer and a "is it worth asking them to remember how one more thing works" type of situation
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion