Customization questions

Customization questions

Postby meli0029 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:56 pm

Hi there. I'm new to DDSPB. I'm looking to see what's available in terms of customization.

Am I able to clear the historic records of each franchise if I'm creating a new fictional universe?
Am I able to create a custom schedule?

One other question, I changed the name of the D-League to something else, but it looks like the game will continue to call it D-League in in-game menus, is that correct? Other than the team listing dropdown where I see the actual league abbreviations.
meli0029

Re: Customization questions

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:05 pm

Seems like in some dropdowns the revised development league name is used, while in other screens/buttons just generically refers to d-league (during assignment, drafting, emails, etc.).
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:35 pm

Welcome to the game!

There is not a way in the setup to clear the historic records - we could consider that in the future. You can create a custom schedule by copying a schedule table from the schedule.db file and saving it as its own SQLite db file. You just have to be sure that if you do create a custom schedule that you are not scheduling games outside of the proper time periods (ie not scheduling them before the season begins in the game or the regular season ends) and not scheduling them over the games that are off for the all star break.

And yes sometimes the game refers to the leagues as the "pro league" or "d-league" regardless of what you have named them.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby meli0029 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:45 pm

Thanks for the reply Gary.

Couple follow-ups…

What’s the secret to adding custom logos? Format and size specs need to be exact?
meli0029

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:13 pm

meli0029 wrote:Thanks for the reply Gary.

Couple follow-ups…

What’s the secret to adding custom logos? Format and size specs need to be exact?

You can take a look at the default logos, which shows 300x300 and png.

Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2022\app\disk\graphics\logos

If you want to just overwrite the default logos, then you simply replace those and you will have your custom logos. However, if you don't want to overwrite the default (like my mod does), then you actually need to make some database changes to have the game point to the correct ones.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby meli0029 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:43 am

Okay, so they do have to be exactly 300x300 and if I’m doing a full fictional league and say I’m modifying the Toronto logo and uniforms I’d have to use the same names - otherwise there are db changes to make.

Is there documentation for where to make those changes? I’m plenty comfortable with that.
meli0029

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:37 pm

meli0029 wrote:Okay, so they do have to be exactly 300x300 and if I’m doing a full fictional league and say I’m modifying the Toronto logo and uniforms I’d have to use the same names - otherwise there are db changes to make.

Is there documentation for where to make those changes? I’m plenty comfortable with that.

Don’t believe any documentation, I have just learned it from experimenting and doing for awhile.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby thirdsaint » Mon May 16, 2022 10:49 am

I don't want to create a whole new topic so I figured I could just add to this. The little logo on the player card isn't showing up and I'm not sure why. I can't find smaller versions of the logos anywhere in the folder so I'd assume it's using the main 300x300 png one but it's not working for any of my custom teams.

Not sure if the image code thing will work but also here: https://flic.kr/p/2nkVC3R
thirdsaint

Postby thirdsaint » Wed May 25, 2022 11:54 am

For what it's worth, I figured out the problem. My logos were all named with spaces instead of underscores so, once I changed that, they worked across the board.
thirdsaint

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion