Edit divisions after expansion.

Edit divisions after expansion.

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:54 am

I know this was a issue in PB21 and has kept me from buying 22. But are you finally able to edit division after expansion? Like commissioner mode in OOTP? In 21 when I expanded by 2 to Seattle and Louisville, Kentucky. It automatically split off into 4 divisions of 4 teams each. And Seattle makes sense of Northwest Divison. However, it put the Kentucky Colonels in the Southwest Division with Pheonix, Denver and Utah. Which obviously made no sense.

EDIT: downloaded the demo to try it myself but it timed out simming halfway through the first season.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Re: Edit divisions after expansion.

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:32 pm

This is definitely something I wish we could do.
jlemmen43

Postby drummerJ99 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:35 am

jlemmen43 wrote:This is definitely something I wish we could do.

So I take it that means it still can't be done in PB22 either?
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:24 pm

drummerJ99 wrote:

Correct. I just tried by editing the Teams32 Table in the Default file and it doesn't change anything. Unless there's another way, Expansion seems to be locked in that alignment.
jlemmen43

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:08 am

jlemmen43 wrote:
drummerJ99 wrote:

Correct. I just tried by editing the Teams32 Table in the Default file and it doesn't change anything. Unless there's another way, Expansion seems to be locked in that alignment.

Thanks for checking that out. Not a huge NBA fan so that's a deal breaker for me.
drummerJ99

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:52 pm

drummerJ99 wrote:Thanks for checking that out. Not a huge NBA fan so that's a deal breaker for me.

No problem. Had to make sure for myself as well. It is kind of a shame that the expansion option is so limited, because it's such a fun aspect.

Overall, the game is very good if you wish to replicate the current NBA or at least stay within its formats. If you want to customize like OOTP, you'll be disappointed. I was pretty frustrated with those lack of customization options for a long time, but by now the game is so fun, deep and realistic that I had to set those aside and just enjoy it. I'd check back in a year and see if this has changed. The series is getting closer to being a 10/10, so some further customization options might be the only things left to add in future releases.
jlemmen43

Postby drummerJ99 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:03 am

Can someone at Wolverine comment and say whether this is even possibly able to be done or any plans to add it in the future? Gary said in my post about it in PB21 Forum "I don't know if I can make some way to edit it but I will look"

However I never heard anything more one way or another about it. And if it can't be done I'm assuming the only way would be to relocate a team at start of league to put new team in correct division?
drummerJ99

Postby JDB » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:02 am

jlemmen43 wrote:
drummerJ99 wrote:Thanks for checking that out. Not a huge NBA fan so that's a deal breaker for me.

No problem. Had to make sure for myself as well. It is kind of a shame that the expansion option is so limited, because it's such a fun aspect.

Overall, the game is very good if you wish to replicate the current NBA or at least stay within its formats. If you want to customize like OOTP, you'll be disappointed. I was pretty frustrated with those lack of customization options for a long time, but by now the game is so fun, deep and realistic that I had to set those aside and just enjoy it. I'd check back in a year and see if this has changed. The series is getting closer to being a 10/10, so some further customization options might be the only things left to add in future releases.

This is the only reason I haven't purchased this game at this point. Fast Break's pro basketball game gives a lot more customization options. And they're college basketball game is about as close to 'OOTP-like' customization as what I've seen from any other sim sports game. DDSPFS even gives us several options for custom leagues besides the NFL including a number of both smaller and larger leagues. I'm not sure why DDSPBS can't provide at at least a little more in this area than what it does.
JDB

Postby thirdsaint » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:32 am

JDB wrote:
jlemmen43 wrote:

This is the only reason I haven't purchased this game at this point. Fast Break's pro basketball game gives a lot more customization options. And they're college basketball game is about as close to 'OOTP-like' customization as what I've seen from any other sim sports game. DDSPFS even gives us several options for custom leagues besides the NFL including a number of both smaller and larger leagues. I'm not sure why DDSPBS can't provide at at least a little more in this area than what it does.

Yeah, I've been asking for this since DDPB19 and got the same answer when I asked about it. I have a feeling that, the way the game is coded, it'd take a massive overhaul to the coding in order for it to be possible and it's just not worth it for those of us who prefer to do a Custom League. I'm also a big OOTP fan and wanted to build a league from the 70's to now while gradually adding teams and work to the 30 teams of the NBA. I won't be buying another version until this feature is fixed but I think we're in a minority here that just doesn't make it feasible.
thirdsaint

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:01 pm

drummerJ99 wrote:

I loved the Fast Break series. It really sucks that Bryan had personal issues and was unable to make new versions.
jlemmen43

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion