Big men shooting

Big men shooting

Postby Nykmarc » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:10 pm

I have too many PF and C shooting north of 200 3PAs and making under 10 in a season. The computer ignores their awful FG% and gives them huge contracts and it tanks them. Is there anyway to fix this? I dont want to have to turn down the 3 pointers in the whole league to try and fix it.
Nykmarc

Re: Big men shooting

Postby Nykmarc » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:25 pm

I have a player shooting 19-1247 on threes in his career
Nykmarc

Postby binballin » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:38 pm

it honestly unrealistic and needs to be fix
binballin

Postby Rizzo » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:39 am

It has to do with the floor areas a player occupies. If you have big men that spend time above the break and in the corner with any percentage of a ball action of Catch & Shoot, they will shoot threes. If you want to manipulate it, go into commissioner mode and edit their floor areas out of the corner and above the break to mid and post only. Just know that even then, you will still get some threes attempted based on offensive system you are running. Some systems will push the bigs to the corner to space the floor for guards.
Rizzo

Postby kshuenink » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:42 am

This absolutely needs to be fixed. I like making custom leagues and relying on the draft to build up talent, its just not fun when you have a bunch of computer generated centers that shoot .242 or even lower from 3 on a bunch of attempts.

Beyond big man shooting there are also just random players, often times highly rated ones that shoot below .400 from the field. This rarely happens in the NBA. Occasionally there is someone with shooting percentages that seem too high. In fact I think there are too many high volume 40%+ 3pt shooters and also WAY too many high volume sub 30% 3pt shooters.
kshuenink

Postby CJacksonCowart » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:05 am

I will definitely bring this up to Gary, as I know he's already begun work on next year's version!
CJacksonCowart

Postby kshuenink » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:20 am

If this and a few other stats issues could be fixed the game would be amazing, it's already a good game and probably the best basketball sim. However, this big man shooting extremely low 3pt% at way high a volume and overall wonky FG% existing has been a major issue for several years, its really imo the only thing stopping the game from going from good to great.
kshuenink

Postby Rizzo » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:18 pm

kshuenink wrote:If this and a few other stats issues could be fixed the game would be amazing, it's already a good game and probably the best basketball sim. However, this big man shooting extremely low 3pt% at way high a volume and overall wonky FG% existing has been a major issue for several years, its really imo the only thing stopping the game from going from good to great.

The quick fix would be to go into the database and edit any big man that has FG_COR and FG_ATB ratings below 25 or 30 to have floor preferences that are completely inside the arc.
Rizzo

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion