What ratings make a GREAT rebounder?

What ratings make a GREAT rebounder?

Postby paolomelchor » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:55 am

Hi!

I'm playing a fantasy roster, and created a 6'7" Rodman-esque type player. His Offensive and Defensive Rebound ratings are both 100, but even after several seasons, he only averages around 11+ rebounds a game.

What ratings should I have to make him average 15+, or even 18+, rebounds a game?

Thanks in advance!
paolomelchor

Re: What ratings make a GREAT rebounder?

Postby Rizzo » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:06 pm

I'm pretty sure weight plays a huge role in rebounding as well. What is his height and weight?
Rizzo

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:03 pm

Might also depend on the ratings of his team. If his team shoots a high percentage and doesn't run a shot heavy system, he wont get as many opportunities. Same thing if they are crappy defenders, the other teams are gonna score easier and miss less buckets. Also might depend on who else on the team can rebound. If he's the only quality guy and he has high endurance, he could snag a ton of boards.
jlemmen43

Postby CJacksonCowart » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:54 pm

Concur with everything above. It's also worth considering what sets your team is running on offense (and defense, if not M2M) and if those routinely put him in a position on the floor to grab offensive rebounds. His teammates are also a factor, if they're aggressive on the boards, too. (And, for that matter, your coach philosophies on crashing the boards.)
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion