Player meetings / unhappiness

Player meetings / unhappiness

Postby FranticLlama » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:03 pm

New user here - greatly enjoying the game. I have had a conflict between two players, but the email suggests I "give them a call to work it out" and this does not seem to be possible. The help documentation is from DDSPB20 and talks about a Phone icon which is absent - I have a chatbox but the only person I can suggest a meeting with is my coach.

On that note - half my (division-leading) team hates my coach, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for this or anything I can do about it. I saw in the other thread that player Personalities are supposed to be a bit of a black box but thus far my only option seems to be ignoring them entirely since there is literally no information and coaches don't seem to have personalities anyway. I've suggested that my coach "compliment" some of the angry guys, he always replies that he doesn't think it will help and he's right about that at least.

The presentation of the game is fantastic and I am enjoying it overall, just a little confused on this element. I did go through the forum in some detail but if I missed a thread on this subject I apologize!

ETA: Ok, I figured out how to access the Coach personality stuff and now I'm even more confused - my coach's temperment is Excellent and he "strongly prefers young players" so I don't understand why all my young players hate him. (it would be nice to know how HE felt about them?)
The guy who hates him most has the same personality type as the coach - Achiever - so maybe guys hate others who are similar to them?
FranticLlama

Re: Player meetings / unhappiness

Postby CJacksonCowart » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:46 pm

That's odd; you should be able to set up a meeting with any of your players using the "meetings" icon (chat bubble) at the top of your home screen. Not every person is available to meet with at every point of the season (offseason, etc), so perhaps that's the issue?

Player personalities are definitely intended to be a bit mysterious (more on that here: viewtopic.php?f=343&t=34706), but your coach likely has a personality profile that clashes with some of your players. I could be wrong about how this works under the hood, but I believe your coach preferring younger players is more about how he handles his rotations, and less about how well he gets along with young guys.
CJacksonCowart

Postby FranticLlama » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:42 pm

That was what everything I read seemed to imply, but I have checked several times during the season (including right after receiving that e-mail telling me to "give them a call") and never seen any option to meet with other than the coach. Maybe I inadvertantly clicked off an option or something?

As for personalities - I simply hadn't realized I could open up my coach's profile to see his personality type. Once I did, things started to clear up... a bit. I still don't understand why some of this stuff has to be so opaque (for example, I had exactly two players complain to me that they "couldn't play for this coach" - but they were BOTH over 90% relationship with him on a team where more than HALF the roster is under 50% relationship.) But I think a lot of this would make a lot more sense if I could communicate with everyone like I'm apparently supposed to.
FranticLlama

Postby rocketj » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:33 am

I also can’t communicate directly with the players and can only meet with the coach to discuss players. Maybe it’s because I am the GM only?
rocketj

Postby CJacksonCowart » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:30 am

Hmmm interesting. Not sure what it could be across both of your saves, so maybe try submitting your game files in a support ticket and explaining the issue in the comments in case it's a bug: https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... ickets/new
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion