Game day injuries and can't play through soreness or bruise

Game day injuries and can't play through soreness or bruise

Postby Billdozer » Sun May 08, 2022 1:54 pm

I am new to Pro basketball but have played the College game a lot. So far, I think injuries and injury management is superior in the College game.

A percentage is given for minor injuries in the College game. You can set the auto-sub out and play through a broken nose, soreness, strains, bruises, and strains.
Sometimes the College game is a little too generous though. However in the Pro game players are out for a sore shoulder or arm. I think NBA players could play through these injuries.

Also, there are one or two times a month in the Pro game where there are no injuries and the depth chart looks good but there is a sudden mystery game day injury. Do these guys fall down the stairs at the hotel, get injured in pre-game warmups, get in a bar fight the night before the game?
Billdozer

Re: Game day injuries and can't play through soreness or bru

Postby CJacksonCowart » Mon May 09, 2022 7:01 pm

Haha, I'm not sure if it's a bar fight but that would be a fun twist! This is just a guess and not speaking for the devs, but I would imagine the injury settings are different in pro vs. college. If so, that tracks for two reasons: 1) College players only play 1-2 times per week, so they have more time to recover from injuries, and 2) Pro players often sit out a game or two in real life, oftentimes for unclear reasons (see: "load management"). So, while I'm not sure if that's intentionally under the hood, it makes sense to me that it would be.
CJacksonCowart

Re: Game day injuries and can't play through soreness or bru

Postby Billdozer » Mon May 09, 2022 11:18 pm

Yeah, I agree that more injuries should be expected in the NBA and the recovery time is an important point. An NBA team will play 3 or 4 games a week. Some of the big conferences in college will play 3 games in a week but never on back to back days.
I have it set to stop sim on injury and I would prefer to know about an injury before pressing the play/sim button if there a gameday injury.

There are a bunch of great features in the Pro game like adding more elements to the play style chart and adding things like greed, consistency, motivation, and winning to the player personality chart.

CJacksonCowart wrote:Haha, I'm not sure if it's a bar fight but that would be a fun twist! This is just a guess and not speaking for the devs, but I would imagine the injury settings are different in pro vs. college. If so, that tracks for two reasons: 1) College players only play 1-2 times per week, so they have more time to recover from injuries, and 2) Pro players often sit out a game or two in real life, oftentimes for unclear reasons (see: "load management"). So, while I'm not sure if that's intentionally under the hood, it makes sense to me that it would be.
Billdozer

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion