Solution to invalid roster settings (kinda)

Solution to invalid roster settings (kinda)

Postby trollsoup » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:01 pm

I know people (by people I mean me) have been having issues with the game popping up at a team's first game of the season with "invalid roster settings-"

I've also had the issue and submitted a support ticket, Gary got back to me reminding me of two things: a) if you're going to submit a support ticket, include all your game files. b) if you get this error, the issue is happening with the team that is about to play in the season. I haven't replied to the response yet, but I will if my fix stops working.

Every game is simulated one at a time (I think), so you should be able to figure out which one is going wrong. Switch into commissioner mode and check the roster of each team that is about to play. If a team has 15 players, and some of them are on D-league contracts, chances are that's who's bugged. Release those players as commissioner and the game should work. 99% of the time those players were not going to get playing time anyway.

I have had issues with the glitchy team having more than 15 players on their roster, and the 16th player didn't show up in the roster page. However, the 16th player showed up in the depth page, listed at the bottom with the clock row (the one that is supposed to show that every minute period is being played by 5 players).

The 16th player himself is never the issue, you can pick up the player on your team or another team with a spot and he'll be fine. The issue is the AI ending up with 16 players on their roster and not knowing what to do (I think, I'm not a game developer.)

Hoping I might save some people's saves. Maybe I'm weird and the only one who had this issue.
trollsoup

Re: Solution to invalid roster settings (kinda)

Postby CJacksonCowart » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:31 pm

Thanks for sharing this!
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion