A few suggestions/changes

A few suggestions/changes

Postby Dermot » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:29 am

Hi, just wondering if possible if this could be changed for the next DDSPB release.

1. If a player is drafted and is sent down to the g-league, plays 0 nba games. He is ineligible for the NBA rookie of the year, the following year. In real life this isn't the case, as long as you havent played an NBA game , you are eligible for ROTY. In our current system in DDSPB, it doesn't work that way.

2. If you are a GM & Head Coach (ie you are hired in both positions), you are ineligible for winning coach of the year in DDSPB, when you shouldnt be. I also think there should be an executive of the year award in DDSPB for GM's that focuses purely on wins added via trades/drafting.

3. It's been mentioned before but is it possible to have more faces generated for players? Or to even adopt the scope that facegen offers for the likes of OOTP? (please god don't go the Football Manager route because for whatever reason the generated faces they use are weirdly dough based hybrid human ones). If not possible to go entirely the OOTP route and have it generated, then could we have a way to make our own facegens? or even be told what the tool is that's used in DDSPB/CB games to make the existing faces?

4. Id love some form of focus on ownership, I know we have the tab and the restraints but theyre generally two dimensional, usually the are a mix of keep player x and win the championship, beyond that and your cap you dont worry about them unless you're struggling. I'd like to see an area where logs of owners is recorded and you can see the franchise history of it, if an owner dies, then similar to OOTP, family members/kids can take over and have their own goals/aims, likewise if they sell the team. I'd also love a system where you could purchase the team/franchise similar to the NBA 2K series. Or atleast let us buy stakes in the team or something.

5. I'd like to see when a player retires, their faces and all the other multiple tabs (like game highs, etc) not be removed like it is in the current iteration where when they retire you are left with just season by season and a very limited awards/accolades view. Maybe it's a memory issue but I don't see why as soon as a player retires , we forget everything but the few seasons they played and what awards they won.

6. Honestly the same thing goes for coaches, whats worse for coaches is after they retire, you can't even click them to see their past history, you can only see it in a very limited way through the alamanac view which is not ideal.

7. I'd like player accolades/awards just to be cleaned up, ie on the player profile, it lists each award won, each year one by one which is awful to look at if the player has won an award multiple times. Instead of listing awards like 2037 - NBA All Star Reserve, 2038 - NBA All Star, 2039 NBA All Star, just list it as NBA All Star 3x (2037 - 2039). Also honestly you don't need to make the distinction between all star reserve and started, they are counted the same in career totals irl anyway and it's just splitting hairs to seperate them. The same applies for the other awards like MVP etc, also at the moment NBA Champion isn't counted in the award section, it should show it as NBA Champion x5 (203x - 203x) or whatever the years.

8. I'd like agents to be more of a thing, akin to the FM series even if it was only a basic concept, stuff like you see in the OOTP and even the MLB the show series where stuff like closeness to home, weather, location, team quality, relationships with players and coaches, franchise prestige are a factor in Free agency, at the moment we have a good platform to begin with but I'd like to see it takeoff more.

9. Finally id love to see your HC salary and length of contract be reflected and work as a basis for job security since, firing you will cost more money so a cheaper owner might be less inclined to get rid of you for sub par performances, a good example of this is the modern day Sacramento Kings who held onto Luke Walton as head coach for 3 years, 3 years longer than they should've, in my longtime save they actually re-hired him for 8 years so even the fictional Kings cant catch a break.

Honestly, I'm really enjoying this years game, I'm in the year 2038 with an expansion team and I import my classes from the DDSCB 22 game to lineup and have continuity, id like to see if possible added a total game time ticker that just logs your hours with the game open. Steam has this built in but if you dont have the steam version then you can't see the hours put into the game which would be cool to look at. I'm enjoying this years title and the UI is a huge jump in terms of playability and speed of loading every stage of the game.
Dermot

Re: A few suggestions/changes

Postby CJacksonCowart » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:12 am

Some great ideas here. I'll be sure to pass them along to Gary, as I know he's already grinding away on the new release!
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion