Financial and Contracts questions

Financial and Contracts questions

Postby Ploufito » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:00 am

Hello,

I just bought the game 2 weeks ago and having some fun on it whereas I'm not an expert in basketball. The most complicated things for me is the financial parts with the contracts :

- Why is my team salary represents 130M whereas my total salary for the year is 97K ? I dont even have the cap to replace the staff who leaves
- What does represent the cut salary ?
- Why can't I offer extension when I want as it is for the options ? There are some guys who left after the season just because I was never able to offer them extension
- Why can't I offer contracts (2-way contract ?) to free players ?$

I'm used to play football manager so the sports part is not that hard but I admit that I'm a bit lost with all those financial rules. Thanks for the help :)
Ploufito

Re: Financial and Contracts questions

Postby Ploufito » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:42 am

Ok no one understand ? so it's a bug ?
Ploufito

Postby Cleasby » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:18 am

Ploufito wrote:Ok no one understand ? so it's a bug ?

- What does represent the cut salary ?

It is the salary from releasing players or cutting them without renouncing their rights or their contract expiring in the off-season.

- Why can't I offer extension when I want as it is for the options ? There are some guys who left after the season just because I was never able to offer them extension

Contracts which are 1-2 years cannot be extended. As for others you may be over the salary cap so then It depends on whether you hold bird rights on them as to whether you can extend them. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sports ... re/sn-amp/

- Why can't I offer contracts (2-way contract ?) to free players ?$
You can only offer it to players in their fourth NBA season or earlier
Cleasby

Postby Ploufito » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:56 am

Thanks for your answers, and do you know why is there a 40M difference between the team salary and the total salary in the screenshot ?
Ploufito

Postby Cleasby » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Ploufito wrote:Thanks for your answers, and do you know why is there a 40M difference between the team salary and the total salary in the screenshot ?

I am assuming you are at free agency and need to renounce players? If not the contract holds remain on your salary to hold their bird rights to resign.
Cleasby

Postby Ploufito » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:46 am

Ok i get it, for some reason I ignore the UFA are hidden on this tab and appear a week later. I thought they already left because these guys don't appear in the roster/dashboard/contracts tab so it's a little confusing.
Thanks a lot your help :)
Ploufito

Postby Cleasby » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:53 pm

Ploufito wrote:Ok i get it, for some reason I ignore the UFA are hidden on this tab and appear a week later. I thought they already left because these guys don't appear in the roster/dashboard/contracts tab so it's a little confusing.
Thanks a lot your help :)

No worries happy to help
Cleasby

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 General Discussion