Current portal reality

Current portal reality

Postby JWW » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:40 pm

From general discussions forum. I think incorporating 2022 portal reality is an absolute must for this game. It is definitely a must for me to buy it. Best wishes.
JWW

Re: Current portal reality

Postby coachcbjii » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:25 pm

May I ask why?

Transfers are already in the game and you have to recruit them to get them. That is basically what the portal is.

Guys leave a school because of playing time or coaching change (in the game), then look for another school (in the game). Coaches recruit them to come to their school by offering playing time or any other thing they think might entice the transfer (in the game). So what is missing for you? Just curious.
coachcbjii

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:10 pm

Transfers are already in the game, which is basically the transfer portal you are referring to.

My question for the devs is: Do transfers still have to sit out a year or are they now eligible immediately?
Rizzo

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:26 pm

I think I'm going to add a toggle in the config so people can switch between the previous versions and the DDSCF22 where kids don't have to sit a year. The same checkbox will enable juniors to transfer and will increase the overall number of transfers.
brooks_piggott

Postby WarEagle13 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:50 pm

I'm personnaly good with the number of transfers but would like to see them be able to play immediately.

If there is a way or could be a way to adjust how frequent or infrequent and how many transfers take place.
WarEagle13

Postby JWW » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:45 pm

Yes, the sitting out a year would be the problem. I should have spelled that out in my original post. If they can play immediately that would solve the biggest part of the problem. As Brooks Piggott noted, increasing the overall number of transfers would also make it even more realistic in today's college football world, but just allowing them to play immediately would be the big fix.
JWW

Postby KW77 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:32 pm

to add onto this, I feel like transfers should go alongside all the coaching hire sims. We have 5 coaching hire sims for something that is typically done in 2-3 sims tops, but only one day for transfers? Just open up transfers for this entire period.

Speaking of transfers, I believe all cut players should go into the transfers following the season, rather than just disappearing forever.

Two things I probably should've brought up in the 22 wish list thread, but better late than never.
KW77

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:20 pm

Yea, unfortunately we don't have coach movement until the carousel is completed... in theory I could add more transfers in at that point but I haven't tested it or thought about potential issues with doing that.

The 5 coaching sims are because you need at least 3 for coaches to move and for teams to make offers to react, and then 1 for any internal hires for vacancies. 5 seemed like a better round number versus 4 and gives more options for making multiple offers if you don't get who you want.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess