New Standard - Must Buy!

Re: New Standard - Must Buy!

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:43 am

You should be able to expand the game up to 3840 and it should go full screen at 4k (I run it at 1440p and it seems to scale normally). One of the reasons we're on this platform is so we could support larger resolutions, so we may need some more folks to test at 4k and see if there is a setting or some other windows option we may need to help with.

For the uncertainty, we added Fog of War settings so you can change all of the ratings from 1-100 to 1-20, 1-10, 1-5 to give more fog and less certainty of the ratings.
brooks_piggott

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:45 am

Speaking to the immersion aspect....I feel like the game is overall great, but does lack in some areas to truly draw the person in to feel like they are in a CF environment etc.

I love CF and Saturdays are spent for the most part watching a game from an 11am kickoff to deep into the night with friends in backyard BBQ's etc.....While the games are the main reason to watch, it is all the hoopla and armchair QB talk on college gameday and throughout the week that adds to the drama and game when it gets played.

I don't get that "media" feel in this game so much. The recruiting storylines are excellent throughout the season with what they bring...I wish more was done on the week to week with key matchup talk etc....

Probably the area that is most drab in this regard is the transfer portal. While I love it is in there and added, I feel like you only get a list of say these 500 players are transferring in text. Cant sort by pos etc....until you get into the recruiting piece and select the transfer drop down.

After the fact you don't have any storylines as to who left, and who is coming in and so on. I feel like OOTP in Free Agency does a good job having a section listing players lost and their WAR to compare with players gained and their WAR. The transfer piece is such a huge part of CF now. I find myself losing 5-6 and most key guys I would have been relying on, and only having a 1 week shot in the dark at replacing them, and typically only getting 2-3 back. I really think somehow the transfer portion should have 3-4 weeks with the final week being on signing day. With the others ahead it would allow for teams to have more time plotting on replacing what they know they are losing against what they need to really try to get. Also, having the chance to nab a key transfer ahead could shift some HS recruiting aspects in those final couple of weeks.
WarEagle13

Postby John99 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:18 pm

I've posted about this already but how the final rankings are revealed needs to be made a bigger deal within the game. The rankings reveal is one of the most discussed aspects of College Football almost fans/media but in CFB22 you go from conference championships straight to bowl season making the experience feel quite hollow. The cutscenes for revealing award winners and top 10 recruiting classes are great, why not have one to reveal the final rankings following the conference championships?

Obviously this is more of a cosmetic thing so perhaps not a priority but if we've talking about improving the immersion of the game then it would be a nice addition.
John99

Postby eel1987 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:48 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You should be able to expand the game up to 3840 and it should go full screen at 4k (I run it at 1440p and it seems to scale normally). One of the reasons we're on this platform is so we could support larger resolutions, so we may need some more folks to test at 4k and see if there is a setting or some other windows option we may need to help with.

For the uncertainty, we added Fog of War settings so you can change all of the ratings from 1-100 to 1-20, 1-10, 1-5 to give more fog and less certainty of the ratings.

I was playing in full screen, so if the resolution scales then I'm back to the font itself being the problem most likely. Maybe the color palette also isn't helping but I think a font change or the ability to change fonts would help a lot. It's hard to play a game enough to get a feel for it if playing it is almost painful.
eel1987

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:03 pm

eel1987 wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:You should be able to expand the game up to 3840 and it should go full screen at 4k (I run it at 1440p and it seems to scale normally). One of the reasons we're on this platform is so we could support larger resolutions, so we may need some more folks to test at 4k and see if there is a setting or some other windows option we may need to help with.

I was playing in full screen, so if the resolution scales then I'm back to the font itself being the problem most likely. Maybe the color palette also isn't helping but I think a font change or the ability to change fonts would help a lot. It's hard to play a game enough to get a feel for it if playing it is almost painful.

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=33616 has some custom skins you can try. They may need tweaking but at least it gives you some ideas on how to adjust the colors to your liking.
brooks_piggott

Postby eel1987 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:27 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:
eel1987 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=33616 has some custom skins you can try. They may need tweaking but at least it gives you some ideas on how to adjust the colors to your liking.

Some of those look promising but the instructions don't seem to work. I saved the file to the Documents/Wolverine Studios/DDSCF 2022 folder but nothing changes when I start the game.
eel1987

Postby eel1987 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:35 pm

Also I just noticed when I open the game and click the full screen button a little popup comes on the screen that says the game is 1536x864. If I click it back to windowed, it says 1440x810.
eel1987

Postby clamel » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:15 am

After watching the Dev Diary episode on Twitch I say a couple of big things did pop up, for me at least.
Digging deeper in how important the coaches are for College Football and all the "goodies" in this new verison was a nice surprise. Good you finally put a big focus on this Brooks.

RPO added is a nice thing and I was glad to see End Around plays finally made it (or did I see wrong). A play that we see so many times in every NFL and College game should truly be a part of this game (and the PF game). So many WR are so fast and used very nicely on these plays. Having Deebo Samuel for one of the new kids in the Pro version just used as a catching WR is sad. Now we got it in the College version. (Then since only tried out the PF22 this year I might have missed if the play popped in for the later versions).
Next step should be a couple of trick plays, like Mixon's pass to Higgins in the Super Bowl. Makes the game yet another nodge up.
clamel

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess