New Standard - Must Buy!

New Standard - Must Buy!

Postby coachcbjii » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:28 pm

This game is so impressive. You can get lost in all the detail. Brooks and the team have really nailed this one. Plus they keep improving things behind the scenes. This is the pinnacle for College Football games! I suggest anyone into college football try first access and start digging in. You will find new things almost every time you play. By far the deepest College Football Game I have ever played. Thank you to Brooks and his team.

And this is not me just saying this as a long-time fan of the game. I am very critical of football video games. But this game has just about everything you can want in a computer-based College Football Management game. No game is perfect but there is not much missing from this game. Easily a 9.5/10. I encourage everyone to give it a spin and dig deep. You will not be disappointed.
coachcbjii

Re: New Standard - Must Buy!

Postby stiets1118 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:20 pm

Have bought the last 3 or 4 releases, is it that much different??
stiets1118

Postby WarEagle13 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:42 pm

I would also love to know what leaps have been made that makes it far above previous versions.

What is different or added that wasn't there?
WarEagle13

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:11 pm

I'm with War Eagle. What exactly are you blown away by with this version? Haven't had a chance to play so I'm genuinely curious.
Rizzo

Postby stiets1118 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:36 pm

Rizzo wrote:I'm with War Eagle. What exactly are you blown away by with this version? Haven't had a chance to play so I'm genuinely curious.

Hate dropping $30 for aa game that isn't that different from previous versions and not know more about what has be revamped.
stiets1118

Postby clamel » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:09 pm

I join this in asking what is so massively new in the game. Don't say the UI have even better look.
Need to see better Under the Hood.
Any WR able to run a nice outside run ?? Deebo Samuel is hampered in the Pro version when no such play is in the play or even be able to be created.
All those WR running end around in every game and this game have no such play. Don't say it's not easy to program.
clamel

Postby stiets1118 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:20 am

Biggest improvement for me would be dynamic coach progression as far as careers go. Starting at the bottom and working your way up has been the basis for NCAA 14 (coach carousel) and may other sports games where progression is a focus, bringing added realism.
stiets1118

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:12 pm

brooks_piggott

Postby Colly » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:09 am

The overall way information is fed to fans of the series about features in the 22 version is pretty poor TBH.

The Bullet list does little to really show how this version differs. What about videos of gameplay like in past versions?

I clicked on the picture of CF22 on the website (expecting to see screenshots of the new features) and was shown CF21 screenshots. That's pretty lame for a game priced like a AA title.

Any news on when it's getting released and coming to Steam? There's no Steam page yet from what I can see.
Colly

Postby eel1987 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:51 pm

stiets1118 wrote:Biggest improvement for me would be dynamic coach progression as far as careers go. Starting at the bottom and working your way up has been the basis for NCAA 14 (coach carousel) and may other sports games where progression is a focus, bringing added realism.

I mentioned this in another topic and someone said there is hiring/firing, but I haven't seen anything else about career progression.
eel1987

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess