New Standard - Must Buy!

Re: New Standard - Must Buy!

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:58 pm

eel1987 wrote:
stiets1118 wrote:Biggest improvement for me would be dynamic coach progression as far as careers go. Starting at the bottom and working your way up has been the basis for NCAA 14 (coach carousel) and may other sports games where progression is a focus, bringing added realism.

I mentioned this in another topic and someone said there is hiring/firing, but I haven't seen anything else about career progression.

Can you be more specific on what you mean by career progression? At the end of the season depending on your performance, your coach is offered other jobs. Is that what your looking for or something more?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby eel1987 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:26 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
eel1987 wrote:
stiets1118 wrote:Biggest improvement for me would be dynamic coach progression as far as careers go. Starting at the bottom and working your way up has been the basis for NCAA 14 (coach carousel) and may other sports games where progression is a focus, bringing added realism.

I mentioned this in another topic and someone said there is hiring/firing, but I haven't seen anything else about career progression.

Can you be more specific on what you mean by career progression? At the end of the season depending on your performance, your coach is offered other jobs. Is that what your looking for or something more?

I guess in general the older versions never feel like I'm really "in" the game. When I create my coach I can assign however many attribute/skill points I want. They don't seem to change over time. There wasn't much of a "coaching carousel" as it's called. I'm looking for more than a game that can just generate realistic game stats. And after buying a few older versions thinking that's what I was getting and never playing them after the first try, I'm a bit hesitant to drop $40 on another one until I get more info about it.
eel1987

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:32 pm

According to this post ratings do change and always have, but in this version you get email letting you know. Maybe still looking for more.

viewtopic.php?f=345&t=34782
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby eel1987 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm

slybelle1 wrote:According to this post ratings do change and always have, but in this version you get email letting you know. Maybe still looking for more.

viewtopic.php?f=345&t=34782

I don't think I ever bought 21, so that may be why it would be new to me.
eel1987

Postby frankinho » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:28 pm

coachcbjii wrote:This game is so impressive. You can get lost in all the detail. Brooks and the team have really nailed this one. Plus they keep improving things behind the scenes. This is the pinnacle for College Football games! I suggest anyone into college football try first access and start digging in. You will find new things almost every time you play. By far the deepest College Football Game I have ever played. Thank you to Brooks and his team.

And this is not me just saying this as a long-time fan of the game. I am very critical of football video games. But this game has just about everything you can want in a computer-based College Football Management game. No game is perfect but there is not much missing from this game. Easily a 9.5/10. I encourage everyone to give it a spin and dig deep. You will not be disappointed.

Im really curious what you saw in this years version to call it the pinnacle of CF games. I havent bought FA but from what i have read in various posts, OS review and bug reports its seems very little improvements over 21 have been made for me to warrant a purchase. Yeah some tweaks here and there and small improvements but for a text sim i would expect a lot more improvements over the years. Theres still games out there 5y+ old that are more immersive still than CF 21/22. Dont get me wrong i like a lot abt CF franchise but the improvements year to year are just so minor it doesnt warrant a purchase from me personally. College Basketball - now thats pinnacle of CB games!
frankinho

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 pm

Posted this in a sticky, but in case people didn't see it I'll reiterate some of the updates here:

better stats, better conference alignment, new plays, new motion, new RPO functionality, new coach tracking (stats and history), new fog of war settings, new pipelines feature, updating coach decisions during hiring, new AI defensive zone behavior, new cutscenes and other stuff I'm probably just not thinking of right now.

Not all of these features are big, but there are some big ones in there that have been requested for a while now. So if we hit on a feature or two that people really enjoy, great. If we still didn't do enough to warrant an upgrade for some, then that's okay too... maybe there are other games people are playing or maybe they're still enjoying past versions... either way that's up to the gamer to decide. All in all I'm happy with the release, but I'm realistic in that not everyone will see the benefit and will wait for future versions. If you have ideas or suggestions on features you've been waiting for or that you'd like to see in the game feel free to post so we can capture them for the future. I can't guarantee anything, but it would be nice to know what to look at for the future.
brooks_piggott

Postby eel1987 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:54 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Posted this in a sticky, but in case people didn't see it I'll reiterate some of the updates here:

better stats, better conference alignment, new plays, new motion, new RPO functionality, new coach tracking (stats and history), new fog of war settings, new pipelines feature, updating coach decisions during hiring, new AI defensive zone behavior, new cutscenes and other stuff I'm probably just not thinking of right now.

Not all of these features are big, but there are some big ones in there that have been requested for a while now. So if we hit on a feature or two that people really enjoy, great. If we still didn't do enough to warrant an upgrade for some, then that's okay too... maybe there are other games people are playing or maybe they're still enjoying past versions... either way that's up to the gamer to decide. All in all I'm happy with the release, but I'm realistic in that not everyone will see the benefit and will wait for future versions. If you have ideas or suggestions on features you've been waiting for or that you'd like to see in the game feel free to post so we can capture them for the future. I can't guarantee anything, but it would be nice to know what to look at for the future.

Will there eventually be a demo to try out like with the other DDS games? I think that would be a big help, especially since there doesn't seem to be a lot out there in the way of reviews/videos yet. Or maybe a game manual we could read?
eel1987

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:59 pm

eel1987 wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:Posted this in a sticky, but in case people didn't see it I'll reiterate some of the updates here:

Will there eventually be a demo to try out like with the other DDS games? I think that would be a big help, especially since there doesn't seem to be a lot out there in the way of reviews/videos yet. Or maybe a game manual we could read?

Demo is likely safe bet as on official release they have always made a demo available for their games. Another option if you want to try the "full" version, could always buy from Steam where you can try games for up to 2 hours of play time or within 2 weeks and refund if not pleased.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby eel1987 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:02 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
eel1987 wrote:

Demo is likely safe bet as on official release they have always made a demo available for their games. Another option if you want to try the "full" version, could always buy from Steam where you can try games for up to 2 hours of play time or within 2 weeks and refund if not pleased.

True. I'll probably give one of those a shot before making a decision. I'm not even worried about the 10% discount. If the game is good I can spare an extra 4 bucks.

Though the other thread down below about the lack of immersion in job offers is a bit disappointing.
eel1987

Postby AKH » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:42 am

tbh, if a main criticism is how much information is displayed when you get a job offer, i'm pretty happy with where the game is at.
AKH

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess