Skin

Re: Skin

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:33 am

Right clicking is standard in windows apps, but not necessarily for web apps, mac users, or mobile apps, etc. and it's still not discoverable (for all you know we have 20 different right click menus available, but good luck finding them). The only way to find out that it's there is to actually try it everywhere which is really painful for a user. Easier to just let them know it's not there and drive usage via primary navigation and clicks. We don't want to hide primary features behind secondary actions, so we focus on making everything left click for now with links and hovers and whatnot. If we do add secondary actions in the future it would only be for shortcuts, not primary actions, and in those cases we would probably add help text to the screen to let the user know that right clicking is available.
brooks_piggott

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:55 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The user does have a choice... we provided a skinning feature a while ago so folks could customize to suit their needs. However, we switched to the dark theme because overall the feedback was darker themes were preferable by a majority of folks.

I'm contemplating buying PB22. What would I need to do to make it look like PB21?, if that's possible? Black text, white background instead of white text on black background?
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:07 am

drummerJ99 wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:The user does have a choice... we provided a skinning feature a while ago so folks could customize to suit their needs. However, we switched to the dark theme because overall the feedback was darker themes were preferable by a majority of folks.

I'm contemplating buying PB22. What would I need to do to make it look like PB21?, if that's possible? Black text, white background instead of white text on black background?

Developers can correct me, but I had thought the custom theme stuff was only available in the football games, not the basketball games. But I could be wrong.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:09 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
drummerJ99 wrote:

Developers can correct me, but I had thought the custom theme stuff was only available in the football games, not the basketball games. But I could be wrong.

Gotcha..assumed it was in all. Maybe I just need to find/make a updated roster for PB21 for the 2022 season. If that's even possible.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:21 pm

Some modified skins here for PF 2022. Not sure they work with CF as i dont own that game but I would imagine its the same idea.
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=34893
Invisible Witness

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess