Realworld Mod - Need your Feedback

Realworld Mod - Need your Feedback

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:07 am

Hello,

I am looking for opinions concerning the use of jerseys within the Realworld mod. The current jerseys being used were graciously given to the project by another forum user that did an excellent job. It had the player in a real life-like jersey and helmet. I don't have the means to keep these jerseys current which means as teams change jerseys and/or helmets, the jersey graphics are outdated. In addition as new teams join the league, I don't have the ability to create brand new jerseys for them so some teams in your league would have different jerseys being used.

Therefore, I am thinking of the following options and would appreciate your feedback. Which would you prefer? In case your wondering, I am not looking to maintain multiple versions of the mod since so much work, so keeping both options IS NOT AN OPTION.

1) Keep existing jerseys and live with them being outdated and when new teams are added, the new teams will use default jerseys (not real jersey and no helmet)
2) Remove all custom jerseys and use default for all, which is without helmet and real jerseys -- the jersey will be based on the defined team colors.

Personally, although I like option #1, I am leaning towards option #2 because as time goes on more will become outdated and newer teams will be introduced especially as realignment of conferences continue to gain momentum. But before I proceed with Option #2, certainly would like to see what the majority think. I certainly know not everyone will agree with the final decision but hope people understand. I'll gather feedback for the next few days and likely make a decision by end of weekend.

Current Jersey

Default Jersey
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Realworld Mod - Need your Feedback

Postby pedethomas » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:11 am

First of all, I love your mod, great job.

I see why you're leaning towards option 2, but personally I prefer option 1. Even if a ton of teams are updating their jerseys or new teams join, I much prefer the helmet and jersey look. No matter what you end up doing, I'll still be an avid follower of your mod.
pedethomas

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:46 am

pedethomas wrote:First of all, I love your mod, great job.

I see why you're leaning towards option 2, but personally I prefer option 1. Even if a ton of teams are updating their jerseys or new teams join, I much prefer the helmet and jersey look. No matter what you end up doing, I'll still be an avid follower of your mod.

Thanks for the input, not an easy call for sure. Although I agree the existing graphics are very nice, just worry about becoming outdated and even more so about new schools that won't be able to have them.....I hate inconsistency:) We'll see what others say.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby stiets1118 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:02 pm

keep 1
stiets1118

Postby mdills » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:50 pm

I'm with you on the consistency. While I prefer the look of #1, I would lean towards #2 so the new teams would match the existing teams. Off the top of my head I can think of 3 (Sam Houston, Jacksonville St, JMU) moving from FCS to FBS in the near future, and C-USA may not stop there.
mdills

Postby reme » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:59 pm

I would prefer option #1.
But, is there an option #3, meaning is the person who provided the helmets and jerseys still on the forum, to see if he would do any updates if needed ?
Just a thought.
Either way, thank you for continuing to make this an enjoyable game.
reme

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:48 pm

reme wrote:I would prefer option #1.
But, is there an option #3, meaning is the person who provided the helmets and jerseys still on the forum, to see if he would do any updates if needed ?
Just a thought.
Either way, thank you for continuing to make this an enjoyable game.

Original creator has not been on the board since august 2020 so not an option unless they return someday.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby reme » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:03 am

Understood. Thanks again for all of your work however you decide to go with this !
reme

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:04 pm

Thanks, I have actually decided to go with the jerseys/helmets as the default approach for now, but may reconsider depending on how many new teams come in the future. In addition, I decided to include an alternative Teams file that would allow people to use the default jerseys (just team colors) instead if they prefer. Turned out not that hard to add. I also noticed with the current jerseys, there wasn't a transparent background so I changed that as well since I think looks better not to have an off-color background for them. Lastly, while I was at it, I decided to add James Madison to the mod as they have officially joined the Sun Belt starting in 2022 and turned out I could do it without the game engine needing any changes. I'll post an updated version later today/tomorrow.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby reme » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:19 pm

Once again thank you for all your work.
reme

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess