Transfers

Transfers

Postby will1993 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:16 am

How does one recruit transfers? When the season changes to the new season my leftover recruiting points go away. But I can't recruit transfers during the current season so what do I do?
will1993

Re: Transfers

Postby AKH » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:40 am

you recruit transfers for signing day. You dont need to put recruiting points on them if you dont have any (it helps to have some - but you are not chanceless if you dont have any)
AKH

Postby stiets1118 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:48 am

Seem to have missed this. Assume there is no specific stage for this. Can we ad this stage?
stiets1118

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:21 am

stiets1118 wrote:Seem to have missed this. Assume there is no specific stage for this. Can we ad this stage?

I might have this wrong, but from the end of the season to signing day is the "transfer stage" where you can recruit them in the recruiting screen. Just like during the season there isn't really a recruiting stage, but you do it throughout the season.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby will1993 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:29 am

Oh I didn't know you just could without recruit points
will1993

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:31 am

will1993 wrote:Oh I didn't know you just could without recruit points

According to AKH's post above, implies recruiting points not required....
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby stiets1118 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:23 am

This imo needs major tweaking to make it more like the current real life college football world. Selected 5 recruits that were zero offers and historically had signed with other programs, yet showed as available in my recruiting screen. I went from end of season to signing day, saw the transfer screen pop on as usual. .In the end I got none of the 5 players i offered scholarships to, and no idea where they went.
Why not add a transfer portal stage? Or listing of what recruits are in the portal looking to get out of current program, and have a rating as to what school category they prefer, ie Wants more playing time, better academics, closer to home, etc. Should your school fit any of those categories, BOOM, you make them an offer with remaining scholarships.
stiets1118

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:20 pm

Transfer signings should show up on signing day with all of the other signings. I can probably put an asterisk or something next to transfers just to call them out. But in general the transfers will pick a new school based on the same criteria/personality attributes they used to pick the first time around... close to home, winning, prestige, playing time, etc.
brooks_piggott

Postby stiets1118 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Transfer signings should show up on signing day with all of the other signings. I can probably put an asterisk or something next to transfers just to call them out. But in general the transfers will pick a new school based on the same criteria/personality attributes they used to pick the first time around... close to home, winning, prestige, playing time, etc.

Brooks,
Ok, So when i am at the split screen showing on the left Transfers, and on the right i believe it shows draft eligible guys leaving your team, is this when i start recruiting transfers OR is the process done at this point?
stiets1118

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:27 pm

That is when the transfers have left. After that you flip the season and begin the new season. Any time after that you can offer a scholarship to a transfer... there just aren't any additional stages where certain recruiting tasks fire.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess