Offense/# of plays per game

Offense/# of plays per game

Postby markprior22 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:44 pm

This is just from observation, not having done any deep stat searching as work has me tied up but it seems like there are a lot of high scores/offense in many games. I don't know if offense is overpowered or if teams are running too many plays per game. I just played a game where my team had 2 turnovers to opponents 0. Still my team ran the ball 46 times and threw 31. I had changed the offense from default speed to slow but that didn't seem to have any affect. Mostly curious to hear other people chime in. Crazy rushing QB's might be part of the problem but I doubt that's all. l
markprior22

Re: Offense/# of plays per game

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:57 pm

markprior22 wrote:This is just from observation, not having done any deep stat searching as work has me tied up but it seems like there are a lot of high scores/offense in many games. I don't know if offense is overpowered or if teams are running too many plays per game. I just played a game where my team had 2 turnovers to opponents 0. Still my team ran the ball 46 times and threw 31. I had changed the offense from default speed to slow but that didn't seem to have any affect. Mostly curious to hear other people chime in. Crazy rushing QB's might be part of the problem but I doubt that's all. l

Thought I read somewhere in top tier of college football, average plays in the 72-75 range so that doesn't seem extremely high unless it happens all the time.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby markprior22 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:36 pm

Yeah, I see that those numbers don't seem too high after all. Just seemed high to me. Glad you popped in. I'll be curious to see the yardage #'s when QB rushing is cut back.
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:54 am

markprior22 wrote:Yeah, I see that those numbers don't seem too high after all. Just seemed high to me. Glad you popped in. I'll be curious to see the yardage #'s when QB rushing is cut back.

No problem. In your original post you also mentioned potentially high scores, what was your season average of all team's points per game? According to a source, in 2021 the real life average points a team scored per game was around 27.2 when two FBS schools played each other. Of course a number of top tier teams scored a lot more than that and lower tier teams much less. Ohio State was at the top with 45.7, while New Mexico at the bottom with 10.8. In last actual simmed season within the game, the top team had 45.3 ppg while the lowest had 13.8 ppg....the average was 27.3. So at least for me looking pretty decent.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 FirstAccess