Team Thumbnail Pictures Broken

Team Thumbnail Pictures Broken

Postby Colly » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:49 pm

So after hundreds of hours of playing the Steam version of DDS: CF22 offline on my Macbook using Bootcamp, my Mac's screen gave out.

I got one of the new M1 Macs and Parallel's to run my PC titles on Windows. I'm running Windows 11.

I was going to buy the new CF23 but thought I'd make sure my CF22 ran first. The good news is it runs perfectly fine, but...

No matter if I'm running the base game or the wonderful Real World Mod all the team thumbnails (the really small ones) show as broken .jpgs

Has anyone else experienced this and has a fix? It's a real immersion killer and has given me pause to buy the new title until I get this fixed.
Colly

Re: Team Thumbnail Pictures Broken

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:08 pm

From the help guide.

10. If you are using Mac with Parallels to run the game, and have issues with file access, or logos not appearing: Make sure your documents folder is set to the windows user's doc folder. i.e. change \\Mac\Home\Documents to c:\users\*username*\Documents
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:10 pm

slybelle1 wrote:From the help guide.

10. If you are using Mac with Parallels to run the game, and have issues with file access, or logos not appearing: Make sure your documents folder is set to the windows user's doc folder. i.e. change \\Mac\Home\Documents to c:\users\*username*\Documents

Hi, I've tried this so many ways, I'm probably going around in circles. Nothing I did worked.

The path utility app discovers the path as \\Mac\Home\Documents

If I install the mod to that path (it creates the /wolverine studios/DDS2022/) and all the mod files are there. However, when I run the game the images PNGs do not display properly and only display as broken images.

If I install the mod to the path as c:\users\*username*\Documents (where *username* is my folder name) the mod creates the \wolverine studios\DDS2022 and the files are placed there. However, when I run the game the game creates the folders again in the path \\Mac\Home\Documents\wolverine studios\DDS2022, and again when the game loads and runs the images PNGs do not display properly and only display as broken images.

I'm at a total loss as to what's going on. I'm running a Steam key version of the DDS CF2022 on parallels on an M1 MAC but I originally purchased the game direct from WS. Other than the broken images the game does run great. But it's just unplayable without the images for me. Should I try just installing the game from WS on parallels and not run through Steam?

I'm very fortunate I can play the game on a Windows pc too and everything works great. It's just that I'm on my Mac 99% of the time and I'd play the game way more if I could only get the. images working properly.

Any other ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or how to correct this would be much appreciated.
Colly

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:46 pm

If the game works in general, and creates the files in mac\home\docs\ws\dds2022 then the mod files should also be copied there. Steam versus WS code is identical so no difference between installing one or the other.

But in general we've seen issues with users trying to run out of \mac\home\documents and you should probably change your mac documents folder to the windows users doc folder. You may have to google how to do it, but basically you want to turn of mirroring of files to your host Mac and just let Windows manage it's own documents folder.

This article has some details on disabling the sharing of folders and isolating windows.

https://kb.parallels.com/124928
https://kb.parallels.com/6912
brooks_piggott

Postby Colly » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:28 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If the game works in general, and creates the files in mac\home\docs\ws\dds2022 then the mod files should also be copied there. Steam versus WS code is identical so no difference between installing one or the other.

But in general we've seen issues with users trying to run out of \mac\home\documents and you should probably change your mac documents folder to the windows users doc folder. You may have to google how to do it, but basically you want to turn of mirroring of files to your host Mac and just let Windows manage it's own documents folder.

This article has some details on disabling the sharing of folders and isolating windows.

Thanks, Brooks! I'll explore this later today. Very much appreciated.
Colly

Postby Colly » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:55 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If the game works in general, and creates the files in mac\home\docs\ws\dds2022 then the mod files should also be copied there. Steam versus WS code is identical so no difference between installing one or the other.

Thanks, Brooks.

I explored this and found out if I follow this from Windows/Parallels:

1. On top bar menu > Parallels Desktop icon > Configure > Security > Check Isolate Windows from Mac.
2. Close and restart windows.
3. Install the game
4. Install the mod
5. Run the game

Everything works fine!

Yay, I can't recover my 300+hr save from my old Mac but at least I can start afresh on my Mac M1.

Hopefully, this is helpful to any other Mac M1/Parallels users experiencing the same difficulty.
Colly

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:48 pm

IF you still have your old mac you just need the league folder and .bin file from it and should be able to copy it forward.
brooks_piggott

Postby Colly » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:IF you still have your old mac you just need the league folder and .bin file from it and should be able to copy it forward.

Unfortunately, it's "recycled". But I'm already a few good few hours in on my new save now the mod is working the immersion there. I play game by game so the season can take a while. :)

I'm actually debating at the moment whether or not to switch to 2023 now I know I can get everything running properly on my M1. Just came on here today to see if I could figure out exactly what's new in 2023 and if I'll upgrade now or wait for more to change.
Colly

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion