Team PPG Excessive?

Team PPG Excessive?

Postby Nightowl_99 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:44 pm

I'm new to this game, so forgive me if I show my ignorance. ;) Here's the problem: I changed nothing and simmed one season. Two dozen teams averaged 50+ PPG. Dozens and dozens more averaged 40+ PPG. IRL, just five teams topped 40 PPG, led by Ohio State (45.7). Is there something I can do to tone down the offense, league-wide? I mean, I've never seen so many teams score 60+ and 70+ points in a single game.
Nightowl_99

Re: Team PPG Excessive?

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:02 am

I had did a few tests in first access and I seemed to get reasonable results, nothing that was too extreme or unbelievable. Never have seen a team exceed 50 PPG in any season that I have played so far.

However, with the release version, below is a comparison of the real stats and 4 seasons I simulated. Basically it shows how many teams had PPG in various point ranges. Overall scoring is higher by about 2 pts and the 30-40 pt range seems to be the range that is most excessive (at the expense of 10-20 and 20-30 range)....but I am not seeing dozens and dozens of teams scoring 40+ and 50+ in my simulations. As mentioned, during my entire time with first access, never saw any team top 50 ppg. I do have one extra team in my sims (James Madison) compared to real life but don't think that would have a major impact on things. All my sims were setup with default settings with no changes. You mention only simming one season, have you done any more? You consistently seeing that or just a one time thing?

There does seem to be some room for further tweaking but don't think needs a ton as at least for me not overly unrealistic.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Nightowl_99 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:44 am

I'll give it another try later today. Hopefully, I'll see results closer to yours. Thanks much.
Nightowl_99

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:33 am

I play every game for my team and inly sim other teams.
I've just completed my first season and just about to play week 1 of season 2 when I saw this thread.
Dumb question: Where would I be able to see these stats for teams in my game? I've looked everywhere and don't see how to find it. I'm sure I'm missing something real easy.
Colly

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:46 am

Colly wrote:I play every game for my team and inly sim other teams.
I've just completed my first season and just about to play week 1 of season 2 when I saw this thread.
Dumb question: Where would I be able to see these stats for teams in my game? I've looked everywhere and don't see how to find it. I'm sure I'm missing something real easy.

If you go into league leaders screen and choose team stats, than total per game view....you can see in a list the PPG info. You can then export and put into a spreadsheet.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Nightowl_99 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:47 am

OK. I set up a new league and simmed the season. This time, PPG looks perfectly fine. I only did one thing different this time: I chose the "sim season" button instead of simming one week at a time.
Nightowl_99

Postby Nightowl_99 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:57 am

OK. I set up another new league and simmed the season. This time I simmed one week at a time. PPG looks perfectly fine! So, maybe before, as I was acquainting myself with the different screens and options, I might've clicked on something I wasn't supposed to. I guess it's possible. ;) For now, though, I'm good to go!
Nightowl_99

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:58 am

Great, glad it is working better for you.....
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:04 pm

slybelle1 wrote:

If you go into league leaders screen and choose team stats, than total per game view....you can see in a list the PPG info. You can then export and put into a spreadsheet.

Ah, mines blank as this looks like it only collates for the current season and I've not played week 1 of my next season yet. Thought I might have been able to review a past season.
Colly

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:10 pm

Colly wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

Ah, mines blank as this looks like it only collates for the current season and I've not played week 1 of my next season yet. Thought I might have been able to review a past season.

Yep, it's at season level....
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion