Small Questions that don’t need a thread

Small Questions that don’t need a thread

Postby Mark_W » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:27 am

Hi all,

Hope nobody minds me setting this thread up, I’m a Brit very new to American Football so I suspect I’ll have a lot of questions about things in the game - apologies if they’re mentioned in the game or guides but I haven’t been able to see.

To kick off - What are redshirts? What determines who I can mark as a redshirt, is there a limit and how would I want to use it?
Mark_W

Re: Small Questions that don’t need a thread

Postby Mark_W » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:35 am

Also is there a thread for general ideas/suggestions/recommendations?
Mark_W

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:38 am

Mark_W wrote:Hi all,

Hope nobody minds me setting this thread up, I’m a Brit very new to American Football so I suspect I’ll have a lot of questions about things in the game - apologies if they’re mentioned in the game or guides but I haven’t been able to see.

To kick off - What are redshirts? What determines who I can mark as a redshirt, is there a limit and how would I want to use it?

This might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_heLeykLgaI
Colly

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:40 am

Mark_W wrote:Also is there a thread for general ideas/suggestions/recommendations?

viewtopic.php?f=346&t=34853
Colly

Postby Mark_W » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:49 am

Colly wrote:

Awesome thanks for that. That throws up another question, the players the game generates who already have (RS) against their year, are they players who are currently redshirted (so I would ideally not use them) or does that indicate they’ve previously been redshirted and so can play but just can’t be redshirted again?

Edit: answering my own question after redshirting someone, it’s that they have been redshirted previously. Current redshirts have a different icon.
Last edited by Mark_W on Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark_W

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:56 am

Mark_W wrote:
Colly wrote:

Awesome thanks for that. That throws up another question, the players the game generates who already have (RS) against their year, are they players who are currently redshirted (so I would ideally not use them) or does that indicate they’ve previously been redshirted and so can play but just can’t be redshirted again?

Previously redshirted (Can't be redshirted even if you don't play them, but they could be cut). Cutting them might free up a scholarship for your recruitment class (but not Snr's as they are already included in your scholarship availability).
Colly

Postby KJedi51 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:07 pm

Any way to change a new coach's home state?
KJedi51

Postby bblom23 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:59 pm

Are there recruits who play above or below their rating? How do boom/busts players work in this game? I've always enjoyed that aspect of sim games.
bblom23

Postby Ruthian23 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:54 pm

How does prestige change exactly? I am coaching a 76 prestige team and went 10-2 and made an 8 team CFB Playoff (bounced in first round) my first year but saw no change in prestige at all. I obviously don't expect huge jumps, but I definitely expected to be bumped up a few points based on that season. What might be the reasons it didn't change, and how many good (or bad) years do you need to have before it starts moving?
Ruthian23

Postby AKH » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:37 am

KJedi51 wrote:Any way to change a new coach's home state?

I think brooks added this in latest patch. I may be wrong tho.
AKH

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion