Small Questions that don’t need a thread

Re: Small Questions that don’t need a thread

Postby AKH » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:39 am

bblom23 wrote:Are there recruits who play above or below their rating? How do boom/busts players work in this game? I've always enjoyed that aspect of sim games.

There are so many variables in player performance, so it is not always obvious who will boom just from their ratings (but the ratings are of course good indicators). There are a some hidden personality ratings, a 'potential rating' and a significant amount of team (coach-player and player-player and player-roster) dynamics that also factor in. For something tangible, work ethic is a good place to look.
AKH

Postby AKH » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:42 am

Ruthian23 wrote:How does prestige change exactly? I am coaching a 76 prestige team and went 10-2 and made an 8 team CFB Playoff (bounced in first round) my first year but saw no change in prestige at all. I obviously don't expect huge jumps, but I definitely expected to be bumped up a few points based on that season. What might be the reasons it didn't change, and how many good (or bad) years do you need to have before it starts moving?

Over time we have had a lot (A LOT) of discussions about prestige with users. Short answer is - you need to dominate to increase when playing on default. There is a setting you can change to increase prestige changes, but beware that every increase needs to be offset by a descrease (otherwise the whole league would end up high prestige) so if you crank it up you may lose prestige for going 8-4 etc...
AKH

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:35 am

AKH wrote:
Ruthian23 wrote:How does prestige change exactly? I am coaching a 76 prestige team and went 10-2 and made an 8 team CFB Playoff (bounced in first round) my first year but saw no change in prestige at all. I obviously don't expect huge jumps, but I definitely expected to be bumped up a few points based on that season. What might be the reasons it didn't change, and how many good (or bad) years do you need to have before it starts moving?

Over time we have had a lot (A LOT) of discussions about prestige with users. Short answer is - you need to dominate to increase when playing on default. There is a setting you can change to increase prestige changes, but beware that every increase needs to be offset by a descrease (otherwise the whole league would end up high prestige) so if you crank it up you may lose prestige for going 8-4 etc...

I also believe it depends on the types of losses and believe making and winning bowl/playoff games increases your chances. What were the two losses in the season? Were they ranked or bad teams? How bad was the losses (score difference)?

I just had an 8-4 season with a 76 prestige team and they won the bowl game they played. They received a +1 prestige increase. The four loses were to two ranked teams (11 and 18) and the other two were against other opponents with better record.

I also had a 10-2 season with a 82 prestige team and they won the first two playoff rounds (8 team playoff) but lost the championship. They received a +2 prestige increase. My two losses were both to ranked teams (10 and 17).
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 am

Yea, prestige changes are varied now... you basically have to get to a reasonable amount of wins for your prestige, and/or win bowl games, and/or win conf. championships, and/or have players of the year, and/or make playoffs, and/or win championships, and/or have "good" wins against higher prestige teams and/or not have "bad" losses against lower prestige teams. And the different settings in configuration also affect the base movement of prestige... on the lower settings even great seasons may only get you plus/minute 1 or 2 points but on the higher settings you can get larger swings of 8-10+ points.
brooks_piggott

Postby Ruthian23 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:15 pm

Thanks for the answers. I'll see how it shakes out over the next few seasons. Perhaps more options other than just high, low, and normal could be an idea for future versions? Maybe like 5 or 7 levels or something to let people fine tune further? It just strikes me as a bit unrealistic that a 10-2 playoff team with 76 prestige wouldn't get a bump at all of even like 1 or 2 points, but that is admittedly extremely anecdotal and only one season. I just wonder how viable taking a middling team and turning them into a powerhouse over time is if that kind of season doesn't help at all. The prestige meter never seems to move off of 50 for any team, either. I'm about 5 or 6 games into my next season and teams that are undefeated or winless are all still at 50--is that bar dynamic or calculated after the season or what? I'm scared to put it on high, though, because wild swings of 8-10 points also seem unrealistic in most scenarios.
Ruthian23

Postby Ruthian23 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:41 am

Is there any way to try to attract players during the transfer portal? I see the transfer portal screen and the players who wish to transfer and I went into recruiting and saw them there but I tried offering scholarships/doing home visits and didn't get any kind of feedback, so I'm not sure if that worked. Maybe you only find out if they choose you or something, but I was wondering if I was missing something here.
Ruthian23

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:08 am

Ruthian23 wrote:Is there any way to try to attract players during the transfer portal? I see the transfer portal screen and the players who wish to transfer and I went into recruiting and saw them there but I tried offering scholarships/doing home visits and didn't get any kind of feedback, so I'm not sure if that worked. Maybe you only find out if they choose you or something, but I was wondering if I was missing something here.

Until developer can respond, can take a look at this past discussion for some info

viewtopic.php?f=345&t=34820&p=235320&hilit=Transfer#p235320
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby CJacksonCowart » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:38 am

Is there currently a way to set your pipeline and home state for your created coach?
CJacksonCowart

Postby AKH » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:39 am

not sure if its made its way into the coach creation. But you should be able to edit homestate posthoc.
AKH

Postby CJacksonCowart » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:52 am

What's the best way to do that? I haven't been able to find that option in-game, and I don't believe it's editable in the csv file.
CJacksonCowart

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion