Double-digit team sacks

Double-digit team sacks

Postby Nightowl_99 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:49 pm

I just simmed week 3 of my test league. Then I clicked on the box scores of about two dozen games at random. To my surprise, there were 6 instances of a team recording double-digit sacks in a game. The most was 14. The CFB record, I believe, is 15. Anyone else seeing results of this kind?
Nightowl_99

Re: Double-digit team sacks

Postby Colly » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:12 pm

Nightowl_99 wrote:I just simmed week 3 of my test league. Then I clicked on the box scores of about two dozen games at random. To my surprise, there were 6 instances of a team recording double-digit sacks in a game. The most was 14. The CFB record, I believe, is 15. Anyone else seeing results of this kind?

Can't say I've looked in detail, to be honest.

I don't sim my teams' games, just the other games during any week, and have not looked in detail at that particular stat in terms of overall numbers. I'll look a bit closer going forward.
However, I do recall thinking at the end of my first season when I reviewed the league leader tables (my team finished 2-10 and so was not included) that my sack levels were far smaller than;

1. the leader tables and
2. less than I expected given the fact I play heavily blitz-focused defense.

All this while my overall rush and pass numbers seemed relatively in line with other teams. I just concluded my defense was bad given my record but many games were lost only by the odd score. Changing from a 4-3 defense, upgrading some key defensive positions the next recruiting period, and adding a decent QB and RB led to a 10-2 regular season and a 12-2 overall finish and #7 ranking (playing as Kent). I was so pleased with the offensive improvements I admit to just ignoring much of my defensive stats.

Overall, and given my propensity to blitz, I would expect my team to have more sacks than they currently do. How this relates to the AI teams I can't say.
Colly

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion