Passing Play Graphical Errors

Passing Play Graphical Errors

Postby Colly » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:05 pm

I'm noticing a lot more of the graphical representations on my opponents passing plays are bugged.
It's when there is clearly a pass thrown out of bounds (both my player and the opponents player are off screen) i.e. out of bounds but the play is announced as completed. Graphically it's clearly out of bounds the players have visibly left the playing field and are out of bounds followed by the ball then going out of bounds. This usually is a 3rd and long situation and results in a first down or worse a touchdown. :mad:

I must admit to noticing it less in 2022 than I did in 2021 but it only happens for my opponent and never for me. :(

It's a real immersion breaker.

Anyone else who plays every down seeing this?
Colly

Re: Passing Play Graphical Errors

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:34 pm

Yes
C-Bailey24

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:09 pm

Most likely it's due to a display issue where it glitches displaying the play... but the actual play and underlying results are fine. If you notice a pattern on certain plays let me know so I can check them specifically.
brooks_piggott

Postby Colly » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:25 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Most likely it's due to a display issue where it glitches displaying the play... but the actual play and underlying results are fine. If you notice a pattern on certain plays let me know so I can check them specifically.

Yeah, I understand the underlying code calculating the play is probably fine. It's just vey frustrating and immersion breaking when the graphical display represents something totally different. ;)

There's also a couple of the RPO plays (love the new RPO's by the way) but I don't recall which ones off the top of my head where the ball, after the snap, just arrives at the widest WR on the right side at the LOS directly from the QB and the WR then proceeds to just run right along the LOS and get tackled. Happens every time. must be a bug.

I'll try and catch the play next time I see it. It's not a play I call, it's always from the AI opponent.
Colly

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am

Yea, there are new plays in the system now that take advantage of "motion" and do some background movement to enable "End Around" plays, so those won't have the best 2d representation since we don't have "pitch" animations or pre-snap "motion" animations.
brooks_piggott

Postby Colly » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:44 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, there are new plays in the system now that take advantage of "motion" and do some background movement to enable "End Around" plays, so those won't have the best 2d representation since we don't have "pitch" animations or pre-snap "motion" animations.

Ah. makes sense I guess as II was aware of the pitch animations etc.

If it's the end around plays maybe show the receiver in motion without the ball? The animation I'm seeing looks like the receiver receives the football before starting in motion and after the snap.

I'll keep a lookout for it and let you know the specific play just in case there is something quirky happening.
Colly

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion