Is there a trick to simming in this game?

Is there a trick to simming in this game?

Postby rbx4 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:20 pm

I like recruiting, a lot, and I would rather let my coaches run the game for me while I watch. I should also say that I am trying DDS: CF 2020 to see if I like this series or not. After playing several seasons and getting some good players, I have to wonder what I am doing wrong, and if it is my fault or if the game is meant to be like this.

I now have a roster that absolutely outclasses my conference, as in 4 and 5 stars versus 3 stars tops. However, I have to intervene on play-calling or I would have a losing season every year. It's almost like I am playing as the irl Texas Longhorns. Additionally, it seems like my opponents get a boost when playing against me, which is exactly why I stopped trying to sim NCAA '14. Still, at this point, I think that the game simming is less accurate than in NCAA '14 even. My 4 and 5 star quarterbacks can't pass the ball. My 4 and 5 star defenders can't defend anything against 2 star players, and I am trying to let my coaches control the game strategy. There is something wrong here. I would like to know if it is intended that I need to intervene in the game simming, or if there is any way to just let it run without underperforming dramatically. I do not want to sit here and micromanage every single play.

To describe the situation, passes are almost impossible even with a stable of 5 top-notch quarterbacks, with the top one selected as a pocket passer. Most passes are dropped, and there is a very strong chance of a 3-and-out if I try to get a first down with two passes even against the worst team in the conference. This forces my top-notch offense, stacked at every position, to be 1-dimensional, using outside runs most of the time to get big chunks of yardage. This does not work with simming because the coaches want to mix it up like a real football team, which means usually losing since most plays are things that they should never call in game (although irl they would be fine). Turn it around to when I am on defense, and somehow even the worst team in the conference gets all the breaks, can't clog the lanes, can't stop the outside run, can't cover most passes. Where my team is forced to count on Sweeps most of the time, opening up the occasional Counter, they can get streaks of pass completions. Also trying to sim in a close game is eye-opening: clock is at 1:30 in the 4th quarter and I am down by 4: my coach calls for a Field Goal. Like I say something is wrong here.
rbx4

Re: Is there a trick to simming in this game?

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:17 pm

If you have hard mode on you may want to turn it off. I also suggest either using default playbooks and adjusting ratios and strategies, or create much larger custom playbooks. If you have too narrow a focus the game figures out you're using the same plays over and over again and can definitely affect your performance. I'm pretty sure the demos to all of the games are free, so probably want to start off with the latest one as that one will have the most updates as far as engine, AI, and logic are concerned.
brooks_piggott

Re: Is there a trick to simming in this game?

Postby rbx4 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:01 pm

Thanks for the info! As far as I can tell, hard mode is off. I will try using the default playbooks instead of the coaches' playbooks to see if that will help. If that doesn't work, I will try the demo for 2022. Definitely I want to have a situation where I am happy with the realism of letting the game engine sim the playcalling of each play.
rbx4

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion