Planting a seed of Thought:

Planting a seed of Thought:

Postby NBryant » Thu May 12, 2022 1:25 pm

I have no doubt this hasn't been a consideration but I figured what the hell. With Gary's twitch presentation showing the future display update for DDSPB (which is pretty sh*t hot by the way!) I decided to go back and look at something I had thought of awhile back and took almost an hour to throw this together. So in game the character icon on the field is represented by an oval with their assigned number. I know repeated numbers was an issue in the past and may have been corrected by now but what if you developed another display option. For me the jersey numbers are an Ok touch but really not necessary with the play by play identifying the players involved. So if you didn't have to worry about displaying jersey numbers could s small part of thge 2D display be improved... ?

With that in mind I did some simple templates to create another version of the player 2D display and with it offer the possibility to have both a home and away version. The pic added here only shows a few teams but the possibilities are many;

NBryant

Re: Planting a seed of Thought:

Postby NBryant » Thu May 12, 2022 9:04 pm

I intended to post this in the PF thread, sorry!
NBryant

Re: Planting a seed of Thought:

Postby CJacksonCowart » Mon May 16, 2022 8:35 pm

Love the concept! Thanks for putting that together, I'm sure the dev team has some of their own concepts to push the 2D look in the future but I'll be sure to pass this along!
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: College Football 2022 General Discussion