Dumb Question

Dumb Question

Postby samgallenberger » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:01 pm

I've never modded anything before. I have never used a mod. I have a vague idea of what it is but no idea how to implement it. There are two things I'm looking to accomplish:

1) Get real schools imported into the game
2) Edit the players completely myself. I tried exporting the player data but idk where to find it.

Is this possible? If so, how?
samgallenberger

Re: Dumb Question

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:15 am

samgallenberger wrote:I've never modded anything before. I have never used a mod. I have a vague idea of what it is but no idea how to implement it. There are two things I'm looking to accomplish:

2) Edit the players completely myself. I tried exporting the player data but idk where to find it.

For real world information (i.e. names, graphics, other), have you tried the excellent college mod located at this link? You could use that as a start to your modding and have a lot of the data already done for you.

viewtopic.php?f=347&t=34908

As for editing the players, believe you have a couple of choices.

1) Go to commissioner screen and export database, then edit the database, and re-import the database. The exported database file is located within your league save folder. Using TestLeague as an example season, it would be located at \Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2022\app\disk\saves\TestLeague\DB for non-steam version and
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2022\app\disk\saves\TestLeague\DB for steam version.

OR

2) Go to commissioner screen and use the player editor, although might be more tedious then option #1.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby samgallenberger » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
samgallenberger wrote:I've never modded anything before. I have never used a mod. I have a vague idea of what it is but no idea how to implement it. There are two things I'm looking to accomplish:

For real world information (i.e. names, graphics, other), have you tried the excellent college mod located at this link? You could use that as a start to your modding and have a lot of the data already done for you.

1) Go to commissioner screen and export database, then edit the database, and re-import the database. The exported database file is located within your league save folder. Using TestLeague as an example season, it would be located at \Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2022\app\disk\saves\TestLeague\DB for non-steam version and
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2022\app\disk\saves\TestLeague\DB for steam version.

OR

2) Go to commissioner screen and use the player editor, although might be more tedious then option #1.

What file type does that get exported as?
samgallenberger

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:55 pm

samgallenberger wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

SQLite

OR

What file type does that get exported as?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 Mods