Transfers

Transfers

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm

Just had FIVE players transfer out before the start of my third season. 1 of which is a sophmore guard that started EVERY game as a freshmen yet his reason was "looking for more opportunity to play at his position"... REALLY? Also, 2 more players were Seniors. Not sure this is realistic either. Don't really hear about players transferring in their last year and these players were 2-star marginal players I could be wrong though.
C-Bailey24

Re: Transfers

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:43 pm

I will look into what might have happened with the sophomore guard but under this new transfer portal system there are going to be a LOT more transfers. According to data over 1700 players transferred last year (that's 5 per team basically).

Of course I did leave the option in to play under the old system if you prefer but what you are seeing in terms of number of players leaving is not going to be out of the realm of possibility or realism now.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby nuwildcat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:04 pm

This does seem realistic but I wonder if there is a way to add an option to tone down the transfers like is done in the options menu for number of players leaving for the draft. This may be opening a big can of worms for Gary, but just a thought.
nuwildcat

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:29 am

Gary Gorski wrote:I will look into what might have happened with the sophomore guard but under this new transfer portal system there are going to be a LOT more transfers. According to data over 1700 players transferred last year (that's 5 per team basically).

Of course I did leave the option in to play under the old system if you prefer but what you are seeing in terms of number of players leaving is not going to be out of the realm of possibility or realism now.

Fair enough. Thanks
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:54 pm

I can't verify this, but I BELIEVE that if you uncheck "Use Modern Day Transfer Portal" in "Association Settings" when creating a new association (or if within an existing association you go to "Game Options" and uncheck "Use Modern Transfer Portal") that the game uses the transfer regimen that was used in previous CB versions...that is, far fewer transfer players.

But Gary would need to confirm that what I'm saying is correct (because it may not be).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 pm

Yes if you turn off the option for modern day transfer portal you will get the old style where FAR fewer players transfer and they must sit out a year.

There really is not a reason to have a "muted" modern day transfer portal IMO - I don't think it works as well if there are not a wide variety of players you can target to fix the holes left by the players transferring.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby nuwildcat » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:42 pm

Gary, I understand your point about the muted transfer portal. I was more suggesting having some middle ground between 300-400 transferring in the old version and 1700 in the current version. There is some thought that the number of players in the portal in future seasons will decline. This past year was the first year with no waiting period to transfer and also happened after the crazy Covid season. Further since everyone was able to transfer this past year without consequence even if they had transferred before, less players will qualify to transfer without sitting out a year in future seasons.

Personally I am fine with the current situation in the game, I was just commenting on the original posters thoughts.
nuwildcat

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:27 pm

nuwildcat wrote:Gary, I understand your point about the muted transfer portal. I was more suggesting having some middle ground between 300-400 transferring in the old version and 1700 in the current version. There is some thought that the number of players in the portal in future seasons will decline. This past year was the first year with no waiting period to transfer and also happened after the crazy Covid season. Further since everyone was able to transfer this past year without consequence even if they had transferred before, less players will qualify to transfer without sitting out a year in future seasons.

Personally I am fine with the current situation in the game, I was just commenting on the original posters thoughts.

I would presume if transfers decrease (or increase for that matter) in real life this year (May/June 2022) in real life, then that would be mimicked in CB2023.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:58 pm

I apologize for a misunderstanding here - I have never in any of our testing saw anything close to 1700 players in the portal. In fact I don't think I have seen any situations where it was even above half of that number so it certainly has been toned down for the game. I was just pointing out that one team having 5 transfer is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:00 am

Yeah, in my numerous transfer portal runs with a variety of associations During the beta testing, there were typically about 650-750 transfer players in the initial transfer list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess