Transfers

Re: Transfers

Postby mgoblue71 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:56 am

My center has started every game for his first two seasons and was 2nd team all B12... just decided to transfer for more playing opportunities :(
mgoblue71

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:13 pm

I am somewhat torn on this issue between wanting to replicate what actually happens in modern NCAA Basketball, versus playing what I actually think is fun. I understand why the NCAA made changes to the system, but I find it incredibly frustrating as a fan. The new transfer portal might be a good thing for the individual players, but I think it is bad for the product overall to have even more roster turnover from year to year.

Gary Gorski wrote:There really is not a reason to have a "muted" modern day transfer portal IMO - I don't think it works as well if there are not a wide variety of players you can target to fix the holes left by the players transferring.

I can see that argument, but I also think that it couldn't hurt to have a sliding scale of transfer rates. People might want to play with the new system, but slightly reduce its impact. Maybe it doesn't need to be adjustable from 0-100 (because like you said, at the far lower end of the scale the system doesn't really work), but there could still be some room to adjust between a "somewhat muted" likelihood of transferring and a "full" likelihood of transferring.
Irrelevant Dude

Postby mgoblue71 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:59 pm

mgoblue71 wrote:My center has started every game for his first two seasons and was 2nd team all B12... just decided to transfer for more playing opportunities :(

saw the note in today's update. will monitor accordingly. Thanks for the support!
mgoblue71

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:07 pm

yes and for anyone who misses the note in the update in this situation one of three things is going to happen (for the % of players who are considering transferring)

1. The player wants to play his stated position and is upset that there is a better player at his position on the team so he wants to transfer
2. The player wants to play any position but did not get to play enough so he wants to transfer
3. The player wants to play his position but is at least satisfied he got to play enough somewhere so even though he kind of wants to transfer he will not decide to so because its at least ok he is playing
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess