Pro potential?

Pro potential?

Postby CJacksonCowart » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:45 pm

This might be too ambitious for FirstAccess and may be a '23 thing, but is there a way to integrate pro potential (and draft history) as a recruiting pitch + school trait into the game, based on the draft history of your previous players? Given how prevalent NBA trajectory is in college basketball recruiting, I've always found that to be the one pitch that feels like it's missing in our ability to recruit players — especially when trying to lure one-and-done types to a perennial power (Kentucky, Duke, etc). This could be set initially like a prestige rating, and then adjusted each year based on that season's draft results.
CJacksonCowart

Re: Pro potential?

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:49 pm

So this would just be an effective pitch for 10-15 schools??? And a waste of time to pitch for all the others?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:14 pm

I think maybe a better way to do it would be to have it just as an added attraction to a coach instead of a pitch available for any school. Like PG said the majority of schools wouldn't be able to use that but if it was tied to a specific coach that might make more sense doing it that way
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby frankinho » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:10 pm

I agree pro potential would be interesting to have part of the recruiting and i agree wit Gary, i think it would make more sense to tie it to the coach though as its more part of the coaching staff and their ability to develop players into a potential pro players. BTW there's currently 121 different colleges with at least 1 player currently in the NBA (https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ay-rosters). Also consider that pro basketball is also considered playing in one of the top leagues in Europe but let's ignore that for now. So definitely its not just the elite schools/coaches that would be able to recruit with pro potential pitches, sure those would have an A+ pitch but sometimes even a C+ pitch would be enough if you're competing with schools/coaches that can only offer a D+ for example.
frankinho

Postby CJacksonCowart » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:30 am

Gary Gorski wrote:I think maybe a better way to do it would be to have it just as an added attraction to a coach instead of a pitch available for any school. Like PG said the majority of schools wouldn't be able to use that but if it was tied to a specific coach that might make more sense doing it that way

Yeah, interesting idea. I think there's a good case to be made about pro potential being tied to a coach or program (or both?). Either way, it does feel like a significant factor for many recruits — not just those at the top handful of schools — that isn't currently reflected in the game in a direct way.

This might be expanding it too much, but it could even be a nice indicator about whether a player is a likely one-and-done or a potential four-year player. If their interest in pro potential is No. 1, you'd better be prepared for a short stint even if you land them at your school.
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess