Suspensions Occasionally Don't "Stick"

Suspensions Occasionally Don't "Stick"

Postby getheroff » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:15 am

I think I have identified a potential bug...I have given several players a 2-week suspension for poor attitude. Some of these suspensions are served for the full term (as intended/designed); however, I have noticed that on a couple of occasions, the player comes out of suspension early (usually at the start of a new week--Saturday/Sunday). He retains the relationship penalty with the coach, but does not see any improvement to his personality.
getheroff

Re: Suspensions Occasionally Don't "Stick"

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Are you always making the suspension from the same window (meetings or text via player card) or are the ones sticking from one spot and not sticking from another?

Is it a certain time frame of the year where the suspension seems to end early or if you made it on a particular day of the week (like if you suspend on Saturday it shorts it a week or something)?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Suspensions Occasionally Don't "Stick"

Postby getheroff » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:51 pm

I usually suspend by using the text option in the player card. I don't recall if there was a time when I used the meeting window to suspend a player.

I can't narrow it down to a particular time period. I usually suspend during pre-season practices, after my team's season has ended, or if there is an incident report and the player is not one of my top 3 players during the season. It seems that it happens sporadically, as I stated in my original post. Sometimes the suspension is completely and successfully served and other times not.

After noticing this happen, I thought that I was maybe having an early-onset senior moment; but I started following more closely. What I observed is that in some cases the suspension would disappear as the game was rolling over from Saturday to Sunday. Not always, only sporadically. I have not been able to discern further patterns...unfortunately.
getheroff

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess