Suggestion for Coach Creation in New Associations

Suggestion for Coach Creation in New Associations

Postby getheroff » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:53 am

This suggestion posits that a newly-created coach should have a pre-existing, leverageable history of interactions with colleagues and recruits in specific geographic locations. So when you are progressing through the coach creation process perhaps you could identify where in the US your new coach attended high school, college, (and potentially played in the pros) and up to 2 or 3 additional locations where they may have previously worked in the college basketball industry. This information would then become a kind of "recruiting pipeline heat map" for your new coach. At a certain level of experience...maybe attended high school, college, and coached in TN, the new coach would have a pipeline in TN.

A similar approach could be adopted for all coaches in the game to more accurately reflect areas where they have developed recruiting networks...but again that is a dream for future iterations.
getheroff

Re: Suggestion for Coach Creation in New Associations

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:06 pm

To do this would change how the pipeline feature functions though as it currently is built off of your success in actually winning recruits but I see what you are getting after. Maybe there is something along these lines that can be done in the future or allowing you to start with a pipeline if you choose a level that gives you X current rating points or something.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Suggestion for Coach Creation in New Associations

Postby getheroff » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 pm

Yes, that would be great. When I play the game, I want to play in Challenge Mode and I want to coach the Cougars...so I usually create a coach who has just enough experience to qualify for the head coach job at WSU (somewhere right below the "Veteran" template for coach skills in the game). But it feels 'off' that someone with that level of coaching expertise would not come with relationships that would constitute a "pipeline" in one geographical location or another...again thanks for the response.
getheroff

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess