Bellarmine's really cool style of offense

Bellarmine's really cool style of offense

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:22 pm

I was doing some last minute research on the first year head coaches today to get their style of play in the mod and came across this. Quite interesting on how 2nd year in D1 Bellarmine plays offense. After seeing this I'm going to try to find and watch a full game by them either TV (probably next year as they are not eligible for post season this year) or on the net.
Quite incredible story as I had noticed they almost won their conference last year even though it was their first year in D1. Not sure how to duplicate that in the game other than slow down the pace to force more passes? But maybe I'll pick a low team in DDSCB22 and try to duplicate this as the coach. Recruit excellent passers and slow down the pace might come close. I will experiment with this at some point for sure.

Stay with this video until past the 1:00 minute mark and I think you will see what I mean. Really cool offense. later the head coach comments on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T4bJh165g
NCAAhoops

Re: Bellarmine's really cool style of offense

Postby jfsolo23 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:34 pm

It seems like a hybrid of Motion and Princeton. One thing that I noticed at the beginning of the video is how much ball screens are now prevalent in college hoops, I don't think that this game has caught up to that reality yet.
jfsolo23

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:54 pm

I had noticed ball screens being used more but it's more prevalent than I thought as I mostly see SEC games in my area and see it a lot in that conference. I agree about the game maybe next years version? I have always kind of looked at the movement in the game as a simulation of whats happening instead of real in my mind for so long its normal to me.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:25 pm

Fantastic video...great way to explain/demonstrate what Bellarmine does so successfully. Thanks for finding and sharing this NCAAhoops.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess