Transfer Phase Suggestion

Transfer Phase Suggestion

Postby getheroff » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:20 pm

Transfers are much more prevalent in College Basketball these days, and the 2022 version of the game correctly captures this dynamic. However, having just completed my first transfer session in this version of the game, I feel that there should be at least 1 or 2 weeks where you can scout, before players accept scholarships. During my playthrough, I had almost no pre-existing intelligence on the available players and by week 2 many of the best players were gone...before I could develop a solid "lay of the land". The only thing that you really have to go on is previous seasons stats...and this just doesn't make sense when you think about how this plays out in real-life. Teams will have an idea of who might be transferring on their teams and will start to scout other players before extending scholarships. Please consider making this change...

Cheers!
getheroff

Re: Transfer Phase Suggestion

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:32 pm

Well I did give you 30 contacts per period so after the first two you should at least have a line on 60 players that you were not familiar with. The game also has to work around the dates I have set for the transfer periods so it's not super easy to just add more so I am going to let it play out the way it is designed for right now and after everyone plays for a while I will take feedback for what to do going forward.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby getheroff » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 pm

Yes, I understand that there are abundant opportunities to scout during the first week (and the following weeks as well). My problem was that many of the best players were off the board after the first week. In other words, I didn't have a chance to assess who were the best players available, until many of the best ones were no longer available...

Think about it in comparison to the "normal" game recruiting process, where you have weeks (2+ months actually) to develop an understanding of who are your targets through attendance of camps, visiting recruits, and calls. Transfers could and maybe should be more of a compressed process, but I would argue that some level of scouting is absolutely necessary before you can make somewhat informed choices about who you offer scholarships to.

I understand your dilemna though, and I guess my suggestion would be that the first week is scouting only, then keep everything else the same.

Thanks again for your responsiveness!
getheroff

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 pm

My impression (after running quite a few transfer periods during beta testing and First Access (and experiencing the changes Gary made to it based upon the beta-testers comments/evaluations) is that I feel the human player can be very successful picking up very good transfer players. In fact, during beta testing there was a lot of evaluation of this to try to keep it from being too easy for the human player to quickly build great teams through the expanded transfer pool.

I think as you gain experience with the new transfer portal, you'll agree that by using the big number of contacts you can perform, you will learn about a lot of players and be able to be pretty darned successful at getting transfer players and that those transfer players can provide your team with productivity immediately since transfer players no longer have to sit out a season.

I'm not saying that the entire transfer portal can't be improved in future DDSCB versions...but think maybe it's best to try it out in CB22 and see what people think after using it for a while.

Just my opinion. :)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 FirstAccess