What is your favorite new feature?

What is your favorite new feature?

Postby CJacksonCowart » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:11 pm

The title says it all: what's your favorite new feature / change / tweak in the 22 version? Personally, I'm really digging the integration of assistant coaches as being an active part of your recruiting, game planning, etc, and not just a rating. I think there's so much potential to build out assistant coaches, and this is a great start.

What are you all liking so far?
CJacksonCowart

Re: What is your favorite new feature?

Postby Billdozer » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:53 pm

I really like the recruiting ranking chart for the conference. Honorable mention for the flow chart to see what happened during each 4 minute segment of play.
Billdozer

Postby iPrestige » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 pm

The new, modern transfer system is insane; it adds another very dynamic layer to the overall recruiting system, which I find to be an exciting challenge!
iPrestige

Postby jfsolo23 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Yep, there are a lot of great new features, but the Transfer Portal is a game changer. You're going to have some tough losses every year, but there is also the opportunity to instantly remake and improve your team greatly with the guys that you bring in.
jfsolo23

Postby SalukiFin » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:30 pm

I WAS excited for the new transfer portal until both my bigs (both centers) transferred out to be the man at another school. Wish one of em would've stayed... Got my work cut out for me! And I guess this just gives me more to experience with the new feature trying to bring guys in haha.
SalukiFin

Postby Colly » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:03 pm

CJacksonCowart wrote:The title says it all: what's your favorite new feature / change / tweak in the 22 version? Personally, I'm really digging the integration of assistant coaches as being an active part of your recruiting, game planning, etc, and not just a rating. I think there's so much potential to build out assistant coaches, and this is a great start.

What are you all liking so far?

Yup. I'm really hoping they bring this and other coaching and recruiting refinements to the CF franchise.
Colly

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:58 pm

#1: New transfer portal with increased number of transfer players
#2: Dark UI background---after getting used to it, I found it disconcerting to go back to the light background in CB21 during beta testing
#3: Adjustments to home court advantage, likelihood of close games, steals/turnovers, and fatigue for full court presses and extremely high defensive intensity
#4: Signing of LOI no longer a guarantee that recruit will meet SAT requirements--FINALLY!! :)
#5: Player comparison tool
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby SalukiFin » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:58 pm

What adjustments have been made to homecourt advantage? May have missed this as an update, and I haven't gotten to any games yet (taking my time in recruitment).
SalukiFin

Postby Billdozer » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:51 pm

The homecourt advantage has been slightly lowered. There is still a noticeable homecourt advantage but also a noticeable difference compared to previous years. It is more difficult to beat a top team in the conference at home but you are more likely to beat a cellar dweller on the road. In the middle of the conference the games tend to be very close and are very unpredictable. In my first season at Iowa State, Kansas and Texas dominated the conference with 17-1 records and superior talent. I was 6th place at 7-11 but won the CIT.
Billdozer

Postby SalukiFin » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:07 pm

Ah thanks! Just saw this on a 20 point loss at home against Alcorn State haha. Still enjoy the variety and change!
SalukiFin

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion