Convince transfer to stay?

Convince transfer to stay?

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:54 pm

There was mention of this being in the game in the First Access forum but I'm not seeing where/how to do this
C-Bailey24

Re: Convince transfer to stay?

Postby ShamWow17 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:53 pm

Outside of the new positive statement about player attitude in meetings that can improve relationships, I think this just came up as a request, probably along with convincing players not to go to the draft.
ShamWow17

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 pm

ShamWow17 wrote:Outside of the new positive statement about player attitude in meetings that can improve relationships, I think this just came up as a request, probably along with convincing players not to go to the draft.

Copied and pasted this from First Access forum.

Re: Quick Suggestions
Postby Wayne23 » March 5th, 2022, 9:53 am

kujava wrote:
Try to persuade transfers to stay

This is in 2022. Under Text Player
Wayne23

When I went to the transfer email and clicked on the player card the " Text Player" button is greyed out. So I'm really curious to know at what point can you try to persuade a player to stay? Wayne?
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:22 am

You can only do so much to keep a player from wanting to transfer.

As ShamWow said, you can throughout the year text a player and give him a positive comment..sometimes it helps. (By the time the email comes out saying a player is transferring, it's too late...he's already made his decision so it makes sense you can't text him at that point).

You can start a player and/or give him more minutes of playing time...for some players that helps.

You can counsel a player who needs an attitude adjustment (sometimes it will improve his relationship with the coach or the team...of course other times it won't matter at all and other times it will harm the relationship).

Probably not having multiple players on a team who are DISRUPTIVE FORCES or NOT FREINDLY can keep overall team relationship levels higher.

MAYBE (and this is a BIG maybe since I don't know the interworkings of the game) by praising a player during a game that sometimes has a small effect on his relationship. I have no idea if this is true or not...just a thought and something I've wondered about.

But if you're playing with the "modern day transfer portal' checked ON when you create an association, you have to expect one or more players are likely to transfer from your team (as well as many of the AI teams)...which is a pretty good replication of what's happening in real life in Division I basketball now. And sometimes players who are starting, playing a lot, getting along well with both coaches and teammates, transfer. But that happens in real life...maybe the guy wants to be in another area of the country...or his girl friend is at a different school...or he has a friend on another team...of he decides he just wants to play for ___ University....or he wants to get closer to home (or further away from it). If having players transfer away from your team really is a bother, maybe just uncheck ""modern day transfer portal" and there will be far fewer transfers.

It seems to me that additional steps that Gary could possibly develop within DDSCB to convince players to stay on your team have to be done in a way that can be used not only by the human game player but also the AI has to be able to avail itself of that means as well...otherwise it's sort of a way for the human's team to do better than the AI's teams (just my opinion).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:46 am

PointGuard wrote:You can only do so much to keep a player from wanting to transfer.

As ShamWow said, you can throughout the year text a player and give him a positive comment..sometimes it helps. (By the time the email comes out saying a player is transferring, it's too late...he's already made his decision so it makes sense you can't text him at that point).

You can start a player and/or give him more minutes of playing time...for some players that helps.

You can counsel a player who needs an attitude adjustment (sometimes it will improve his relationship with the coach or the team...of course other times it won't matter at all and other times it will harm the relationship).

Probably not having multiple players on a team who are DISRUPTIVE FORCES or NOT FREINDLY can keep overall team relationship levels higher.

MAYBE (and this is a BIG maybe since I don't know the interworkings of the game) by praising a player during a game that sometimes has a small effect on his relationship. I have no idea if this is true or not...just a thought and something I've wondered about.

But if you're playing with the "modern day transfer portal' checked ON when you create an association, you have to expect one or more players are likely to transfer from your team (as well as many of the AI teams)...which is a pretty good replication of what's happening in real life in Division I basketball now. And sometimes players who are starting, playing a lot, getting along well with both coaches and teammates, transfer. But that happens in real life...maybe the guy wants to be in another area of the country...or his girl friend is at a different school...or he has a friend on another team...of he decides he just wants to play for ___ University....or he wants to get closer to home (or further away from it). If having players transfer away from your team really is a bother, maybe just uncheck ""modern day transfer portal" and there will be far fewer transfers.

It seems to me that additional steps that Gary could possibly develop within DDSCB to convince players to stay on your team have to be done in a way that can be used not only by the human game player but also the AI has to be able to avail itself of that means as well...otherwise it's sort of a way for the human's team to do better than the AI's teams (just my opinion).

I know all of this. I'm not new to the game. His post implies that you can Text a player with specific intent to convince him not to transfer. Hence him saying " This is in 22" as if its some new feature. If he misspoke fine. But that comment does not sound like you're texting the player throughout the year because you don't know who's gonna transfer until AFTER the season is done. The original poster posted "try to convince TRANSFERS to stay" meaning they've already made the transfer decision not contemplating it. It would be helpful for Wayne to clarify himself... or Gary.
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:55 am

C-Bailey: It sounds as though you're upset. If so, I have no idea why. Please feel free to ignore things that you already know...when I try to respond to things here there's really no way for me to know what various individuals know or don't know. And while the initial post/question was from you, there are likely to be others reading this thread who may not familiar all that I wrote.

Wayne didn't misspeak. What Wayne was referring to was that within CB22 there is the new capability to praise a player...and that praising a player can possibly have the effect of improving a player's relationship which may keep him from transferring. While you don't know exactly who will or won't transfer, as the season progresses you can check their relationship with the team and coach. Those with poor relationships are more likely to transfer. So during the season some people may want to try praising on occasion those players with rocky relationships with the coach and/or team with the hope that their relationship will improve such that they may be less likely to transfer.

Gary added the "praise" capability as the result of suggestions/requests from game players here within the forums last year.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:15 am

C-Bailey24 wrote:
PointGuard wrote:You can only do so much to keep a player from wanting to transfer.

I know all of this. I'm not new to the game. His post implies that you can Text a player with specific intent to convince him not to transfer. Hence him saying " This is in 22" as if its some new feature. If he misspoke fine. But that comment does not sound like you're texting the player throughout the year because you don't know who's gonna transfer until AFTER the season is done. The original poster posted "try to convince TRANSFERS to stay" meaning they've already made the transfer decision not contemplating it. It would be helpful for Wayne to clarify himself... or Gary.

There are sometimes indications- the player is in conflict with other players, the "Our Relationship" message comes up. If either or both happen then text and encourage. You're right, sometimes there are NO indications. At present there's nothing we can do in those cases.
Wayne23

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:37 pm

Ok let me jump in and clarify things here. There is not a direct mechanism in the game to try and convince a player not to transfer. You can use the praise option over the course of the year to try and increase a player's happiness level which might present him from transferring IF that is the reason he is transferring. You can also attempt to prevent him from wanting to transfer by a) playing him a lot of minutes b) playing him at his natural position and c) making sure there is not a better player on the roster at his position.

If a player is going to transfer under the new system for a non attitude related reason those are the other reasons he's may want out. It is not just a totally random thing where there is nothing you could have done about it. The ability to talk a player out of transferring in these cases exists "behind the scenes" as a player will not 100% transfer if those things are not being met so both the AI and you are "talking him out of it" in those cases where he has reasons to transfer but does not.

If you play under the old transfer rules then the players are much less likely to transfer because they have to sit out a year but under the new rules they can play right away so it makes total sense for a player to leave in these situations because rather than play a position they don't want to or play behind someone who is better they have a shot at getting what they want somewhere else by transferring without the punishment of having to sit out.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:44 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
If a player is going to transfer under the new system for a non attitude related reason those are the other reasons he's may want out. It is not just a totally random thing where there is nothing you could have done about it. The ability to talk a player out of transferring in these cases exists "behind the scenes" as a player will not 100% transfer if those things are not being met so both the AI and you are "talking him out of it" in those cases where he has reasons to transfer but does not.

I like this mechanism. It rewards you if you can figure out the issue, but still gives it a fog.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion