How to have more fast breaks?

How to have more fast breaks?

Postby SalukiFin » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:39 pm

Wondering what I can do to set my team up to have more fast breaks. Have a small lineup with 3 guards, a SF, and a big. Set tempo to full power(!!!) and allowed some more offensive flexibility by lowering how often I want them to run sets. Lowered my defensive crash boards too. Is there something I'm missing? Was still getting 0, 2, or 4 points off of fast breaks over a handful of games. Could it be that the opposing teams were set up to not crash boards on offense to the point where it canceled out my inputs? I'd like to play good defense, and run the court after getting a rebound or a steal. Thanks!
SalukiFin

Re: How to have more fast breaks?

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:02 pm

You need to get the rebound in order to run a fast break.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:23 pm

Not sure that this is the reason but when I had teams that did well on fastbreaks my guards has good Athleticism and good at driving. Not sure if that's all that was involve but the teams that I have that did not have those type rating did not do well.
If you have good Athleticism you can text the player to drive more but that will take some time to work.
NCAAhoops

Postby jfsolo23 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:25 pm

Yeah, if the opponent is very focused on getting back instead of trying to get offensive rebounds it's going to be tough to get a lot of run outs off of misses. Also in addition to allowing a high amount of offensive freedom I would imagine that having players with high scoring capabilities would help too, but I've never tried it because I always have my teams crash the defensive glass very hard.
jfsolo23

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:31 pm

jfsolo23 wrote:Yeah, if the opponent is very focused on getting back instead of trying to get offensive rebounds it's going to be tough to get a lot of run outs off of misses. Also in addition to allowing a high amount of offensive freedom I would imagine that having players with high scoring capabilities would help too, but I've never tried it because I always have my teams crash the defensive glass very hard.

That's some good low key logic about the high offensive freedom.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion