DDSCB:22 earns near-perfect score from GM Games

DDSCB:22 earns near-perfect score from GM Games

Postby CJacksonCowart » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:13 am

In case you missed it, GM Games published a review of Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2022 on Monday and gave it a near-perfect score (9.8). From reviewer John Comey:

"If you’re a basketball fan, you should already have this ... Draft Day Sports: College Basketball ‘22 should be a part of your library. It should also be pinned to your taskbar, so you can access it more easily."

Here's the full review: https://gmgames.org/draft-day-sports-college-basketball-2022/review/

What do you all think? Do you agree with the review of this year's game?
CJacksonCowart

Re: DDSCB:22 earns near-perfect score from GM Games

Postby SalukiFin » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:45 am

“Pin to task bar”
100% THIS ^^^

“If you’re a basketball fan…”
NOT NECESSARY ITS FUN REGARDLESS!!!

CB22 (as well as 21, but 22 improves on it) is immersive in a way I can’t quite touch. In other great sports sims, I feel as though I’m running the team/school/organization. In CB22 however, I feel like I’m running my coach, who’s job of course is to run the program, but this subtle difference in point of view cannot be stated enough.
SalukiFin

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:03 pm

DDSCB has been my drug of choice a long time...and... each annual version makes it more addictive.

When I first started beta testing of CB22, I thought maybe the dark background would make me kick the habit, but that lasted less than 5 minutes and now I GGOTTA have the dark background.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:07 pm

SalukiFin wrote: In other great sports sims, I feel as though I’m running the team/school/organization. In CB22 however, I feel like I’m running my coach, who’s job of course is to run the program, but this subtle difference in point of view cannot be stated enough.

^^^^
Insightful comment
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby frankinho » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:34 pm

10 is not realistic TBH especially compared to similar genre games. I would argue OOTP and FM get close but are more of a 9 maybe 9,5 for me. I would give CB22 a solid 8,5 compared to those 2.
Having said that a rating is just a number, at the end of the day its a really fun game to play and fairly immersive so cant really argue against most of what the review says, great game :)
I would give Gary and WS team a 10 though for listening to the community and trying to put in the game a lot of the stuff us fans want. You're awesome Gary :D
frankinho

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:08 pm

The series has come a long way from being pretty buggy and limited to quite expansive and flowing. I have yet to run into an error on 22, and it runs quick. The UI is very appealing and the ways you can interact with your team is crazy. Seems like things get fixed quickly too. It's pretty close to perfect. I give it a 9.5/10 based on my initial impressions. The only things I don't like are either minor details (like wishing white box outlines were used more with graphics) and customization shortcomings. It would be awesome if both college and pro could merge into one game someday. Great job on the 22 series for both basketball offerings.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion