Recruiting Question

Recruiting Question

Postby ignats75 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:17 pm

Since in a previous job, I ran out of money, is there any advantage to watching more film on a candidate? Does that change their ratings?
ignats75

Re: Recruiting Question

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:54 pm

I watch film to get the skill ratings on recruit's who don't go to camps that I attend (if they do attend those camps, the ratings are then known so no need to watch film). I've not found that watching film after that changes results in their becoming more interested in my college (but why would they, a recruit doesn't know you're watching film about him) nor have I found that ratings change the more I watch film..although to be honest, I've not really checked that well enough to know for certain.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:56 pm

I have no clue whether watching video (time to upgrade that term, Gary) has any effect. After offering I tend to watch film on guys I've offered to or MAY offer to. It's cheap and I always keep enough money for recruiting; I think it's vital. BUT, when I was new here I ran out of money too soon and it hurt! So I learned. The new transfer rules are a game changer; it just might make more sense for some schools to spend money on transfers even if it will leave them short on recruiting dollars.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Toadfather » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:28 am

The more film you watch, notes on the player may start indicating what kind of offenses and defenses he can play, where he tends to play on the floor or shoot from and stuff like that.
Toadfather

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion