Help with buying scouting reports

Help with buying scouting reports

Postby Mountain Tiger 1 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:10 pm

Hi,

Just bought the game. Love the idea. I am stuck and hopefully someone can help. I just set up an association and a coach. I chose a low prestige team. I clicked the advance button and it takes me to the purchase report screen. I want to follow the AI advice and purchase the basic report for the Atlantic East report. I have the box checked for basic. There is an instruction to "click the button next to the report you wish to purchase and then click the button to proceed."

I don't know what button to click. When I click on advance it takes me back to the same screen. I have tried to click the blue buy reports button above advance I attemped to clikc puchase scouting reports nest to it and nothing happens. I've tried clicking just about everything but noting seems to take.

I'm sure its user error. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Mountain Tiger 1

Re: Help with buying scouting reports

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:51 pm

Doesn't sound like user error. Sounds like a bug. All you should need to do is click the report you wish to purchase. Assuming you have enough $ to make the purchase there is a green Advance area on the top RIGHT side of the screen to click (The Advance button on the LEFT won't advance you. Yes, that's definitely confusing.). If you're clicking the one on the right and it isn't advancing it's definitely a bug.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Yeah, it sounds like you maybe didn't click the GREEN "Advance" button in the upper right corner of the Reports screen.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Mountain Tiger 1 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:11 pm

Thanks for the responses. When I started my first league I was using the universal mode with a human coach. When I was human coaching there is no green advance button to the right.

When I started a new game in quick start and I am a human coach of a team I now have a green advance button. So there is a difference between the game modes. When I clicked on the button in the first league it said something about multiplayer.

I don't know. /but it works in quick start.

Thanks.
Mountain Tiger 1

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:16 pm

Yeah but Quick Start robs you of a lot of choices. I always do Challenge Mode.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:00 pm

In Universe Mode, you need to make your selections for each coach you are controlling. I'm not at that point in my Universe mode association, so can't tell you exactly what it says on the report purchasing screen, but I THINK that there is a link on the reports screen of your coach to export your picks for that coach (to the commissioner)...and if you are controlling multiple coaches (which is really what Universe Mode is for) then you do that for each coach. Then you go to the Commissioner's page and click on ADVANCE...you choices re the reports you want each of your coaches to make) as well as all the AI report purchases are then made.

Good reminder for everyone reporting issues here is to indicate what your setup was...because each mode does a few different things as the game progresses.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion