Future wish and quick rundown of my 1st big save with 2022

Future wish and quick rundown of my 1st big save with 2022

Postby ValiantJoey » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:17 pm

Heads up: this was much longer than I thought it would be...just proves CB22 is a great game!

Future wish list item: being able to choose a coach and play the game as them or copy their template to be able to take the job they have at the start of a save. I am a Mizzou alum and usually play saves as Kim English, but since he is at George Mason now it is trickier to start a game as him as I like to start as an assistant coach and see what job offers I get the 1st couple years.

Current save update:

Playing as Andre Hollins (Minnesota Alum and current grad assistant)
Played 1 year as 3rd assistant at MN, took the HC job at Maine (2 years), Wyoming (6 years, with a run to the championship game in my 5th year as a 5 seed), Mizzou (6 years, my real life school), and currently couldn't pass up the job at Purdue with their $400,000 budget, in my 3rd year at Purdue I currently have the 5th and 16th overall player signed, and missed out on a highly ranked PG, and am scrambling with my last scholarship a bit.

I also want to highlight the new transfer portal. When I took the Purdue job, 5 players transferred and I was able to pull in some quality guys to add a couple starters and some roster depth. Two guys then left for the draft and I had to add 2 signees late in the class, though thinking I should have passed on a SF and saved it for the transfer market as I think the transfer portal is my favorite part of the game this year. I love how you can bring in quality power 5 transfers, but also some key guys from small schools if you scout them right. I had a great back up PG at Mizzou who transferred from TX-Rio Grande, and a C one season who was smaller conference player of the year previously who came in and ended up starting for me by his senior year as he developed.

My only gripe is the Minnesota HC job will never open up! Ben Johnson has the AD on tape or something as he has been mediocre and just continues on there, and now I am not 100% sure I'd give up the Purdue job for MN if it opens up.
ValiantJoey

Re: Future wish and quick rundown of my 1st big save with 20

Postby ignats75 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:17 am

As a real life Missou grad, congrats on landing a great coach in Dennis Gates from Cleveland State. I keep the shot clock for Cleveland State and it only took him a year to get that program turned around after the **** show it was with the previous coach.
ignats75

Postby ValiantJoey » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:24 am

I was underwhelmed at first, but have come around after looking him up as much as I can. My best case prediction is he does great, gets hired by FSU, then Mizzou has enough info to hire Kim English. I need Mizzou basketball to be good again!
ValiantJoey

Postby 3manweave » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:52 pm

Good to see other Mizzou fans here
3manweave

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:30 pm

Wow...Tiger-mania striking this week. :p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion