hello

Re: hello

Postby tbrtb » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:46 pm

PointGuard wrote:It's based on STATE and REGION, not distance.

So if I'm in NC, recruiting a kid from Maine is easier than SC because Maine is in my region?
tbrtb

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:06 pm

Look at the cost to do the 3 major things in recruiting. The lower the cost the better chance you have until you get to an elite program.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:42 am

Costwise...recruiting within your college's state is least expensive, recruiting within the rest of the region is more expensive, recruiting outside the region is yet more expensive, and recruiting internationally is the most expensive. Also generally you'll tend to have the most success recruiting within your state, then a bit less success recruiting elsewhere in your region, then a bit less success recruiting outsde your region.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby SalukiFin » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:27 am

I tend to have the most success with walk-ons and they're free! ha!

In all seriousness though, I had a few recruits bump me down to their second choice, and both sign with someone else late. Didn't like who was left (playing as Kennesaw State so there's not much interest) and I kept my scholarships. A 6'8" forward with 8/10 athleticism showed up on my roster as a walk-on, and now in his senior year is a scholarship starter who's a leader on my team! One of my favorite "players" I've ever "coached".
SalukiFin

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion