Engine tune-up

Re: Engine tune-up

Postby 3manweave » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:49 am

I haven't simmed as many seasons as some on here (just through 2027-28), but I'm seeing some of the same things you all are. My coach started at Abilene Christian (1 season), W. Kentucky (4 seasons), and now Missouri State (2 seasons).

*only 65 players with 30 MPG or more
*Leading scorer in MO Valley with just 13.9 PPG
*Only one player above 10 RPG (11.3). 2nd place has 9.8.
3manweave

Postby Arich1044 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:15 am

I just bought the game a couple nights ago and am already in my 3rd season, loving the game so far. With that being said, I do agree with the points being made in this thread. Too many FTs, my leading scorer averaging only about 14 PPG, and starters not playing enough minutes being the most noticeable.

I’ve also noticed that the home court advantage seems to be too much. There’s been multiple conference opponents I will beat by 20+ at home and then play them on the road and lose by 20+. I know this does happen from time to time in real life, but I’m a 20 win team losing by 20+ to a 6 win team that I just beat by 20 two weeks ago.

Again, I love the game and in the grand scheme of things, these are rather small issues, if they can even be considered issues. You definitely have a new customer and fan of the series here
Arich1044

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:28 am

Adjustments to all of those things coming in the next build- soon.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Arich1044 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:50 pm

The fouls are really an issue, so I really hope that is included in the new build. It’s very often I’m seeing teams in the bonus 5 minutes into both halves. Teams often end games with 30+ free throw attempts
Arich1044

Postby jolo240 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:10 pm

In addition to this, may I also suggest for the following:

1. Add quick keys to the Transfer Portal as well. Just a QOL suggestion for "Scout and Contact" and "Offer Schoolarship"

2. Add Check/Condition Boxes during Recruiting and Transfer Portal for specific Positions (e.g. You're looking for a PG and C, you have to scour the full recruit list manually)

This game is awesome, more power to every coach here.
jolo240

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:31 pm

jolo240 wrote:In addition to this, may I also suggest for the following:

1. Add quick keys to the Transfer Portal as well. Just a QOL suggestion for "Scout and Contact" and "Offer Schoolarship"

2. Add Check/Condition Boxes during Recruiting and Transfer Portal for specific Positions (e.g. You're looking for a PG and C, you have to scour the full recruit list manually)

This game is awesome, more power to every coach here.

Concur re #1.

Re #2--Within the recruiting screen you already can filter for specific positions. And within the Transfer Portal, if I want to look through the players at a specific position, I just click on POS column and it sorts by position.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:38 pm

Arich1044 wrote:The fouls are really an issue, so I really hope that is included in the new build. It’s very often I’m seeing teams in the bonus 5 minutes into both halves. Teams often end games with 30+ free throw attempts

Re Free Throws...Gary has worked on this and in the full-season test I ran for the modification he made, FTA/game for the entire 358 teams ranged from a high of 25.2 to a low of 11.1 with the median being 16.9. This is pretty darned close to what occurred in Division I in real life this past season.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby jolo240 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:56 pm

PointGuard wrote:Re #2--Within the recruiting screen you already can filter for specific positions. And within the Transfer Portal, if I want to look through the players at a specific position, I just click on POS column and it sorts by position.

Yes it does have that, I've been using that function too. What I'm trying to suggest is if you're looking for SF/C, then you can put a "check box" on only SF and C so other positions get filtered out. But then I guess you can always get another position and then let them play another position / change them thru commish mode.
jolo240

Postby Arich1044 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:28 am

PointGuard wrote:
Arich1044 wrote:The fouls are really an issue, so I really hope that is included in the new build. It’s very often I’m seeing teams in the bonus 5 minutes into both halves. Teams often end games with 30+ free throw attempts

Re Free Throws...Gary has worked on this and in the full-season test I ran for the modification he made, FTA/game for the entire 358 teams ranged from a high of 25.2 to a low of 11.1 with the median being 16.9. This is pretty darned close to what occurred in Division I in real life this past season.

Is that the current build that is out right now, or a future build?
Arich1044

Postby PointGuard » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 pm

Not yet released.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion