Coach Improvements

Coach Improvements

Postby ddripcapalot » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:13 pm

Hi,I'm new to the game this year and for context I chose the lowest coach ratings, as I wanted to do a journeyman save, (1 star in everything). I started at SE Missouri State, and I'm still there and in my 6 seasons i've managed to make the NCAA, NIT and CBI tournaments (all losing in the first round). I automatically assumed that my personal stats would increase, however they have still stayed at 1 star. I was wondering if there was a way to improve them, so i can attract larger talent and eventually get better job opportunities. Any help would be appreciated.
ddripcapalot

Re: Coach Improvements

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:24 pm

I haven't run any long-term tests of CB23 where I've kept track of coach ratings increases, but unless CB22 has changed this from how it's been done with previous CB versions, head coach ratings do increase each year...not huge increases, but incremental increases. Asst coaches have traditionally also increased but at a much less so.

Go to your Coach Card and select "Ratings Progression" and you'll be able to see if ratings are increasing for your coach. I just looked at one coach and it seems its working as it has in the past...small incremental changes each year. But if your head coach isn't , then I'd suggest you submit your game files to Gary for him to look at it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:16 pm

And look at the numbers not just the stars. Recruiting may have gone from 3 to 9 by now, or even higher. Scouting seems to increase more slowly than any other category.
Wayne23

Postby ddripcapalot » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi, I just looked at my coach History, and since 2021 (im in october 2027 now), My offensive Skills, Defensive Skills, Recruiting, Scouting and Player dev has all been at 30, and has not improved once. The only thing that has improved is my reputation that has gone from 10 to 18.
ddripcapalot

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:07 pm

Something is wrong. I'd zip up the files and send to Support.
Wayne23

Postby ddripcapalot » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:35 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Something is wrong. I'd zip up the files and send to Support.

Hi, I went into commissioner mode to check out my stats, and I believe the problem is because my potential ratings were also capped at 30. I want to be realistic, should I change my potential to 100 for all stats (i don't know what the default is) I was also thinking of changing all my current ratings by +10, (All to 40) because that is how much my reputation has gone up.
ddripcapalot

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:51 pm

I set my potential at 85 across the board, but you can do what you like. And yes, that's the issue, I'm guessing.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:49 pm

Yep, if you set the max at 30, it's not going any higher.

For every association I create, both the head coach initial and max ratings are different. Like Wayne said, set them to whatever you want.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion