Recruiting question

Recruiting question

Postby cshort1970 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:55 pm

I have a basic question. I understand the question tree at the beginning and that you are trying to find out what is important to the recruit. My question is this? Does each text pitch help after you find out that academics is most important or is it just information gathering for your visit later?
cshort1970

Re: Recruiting question

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:10 pm

It is supposed to help until you have called about each category. After that there is no benefit, and I only do that for my top 8-12. If I get rejected and have to expand the pool I do it with the new guys.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:22 pm

It's imortant to know more than just the interest area that is highest for a particular recruit. Let's say it's academics. If the academics at your college are great, you probably would pitch that when you do a home visit...but if academics at your school isn't so hot, and say Playing Time is his 2nd highest interest, if you can provide him with a lot of playing time, it may be better to pitch that rather than academics.

Also, it's good to know what the 2nd or 3rd highest interest is for recruits...sometimes it will be worthwhile to make more than one home visit...so maybe yoou pitch the highest interest the first visit, and then when you make subsequent visits, you might want to pitch his 2nd or 3rd highest interests.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby cshort1970 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:42 am

I understand that, my question though are there positive results from texting "academics" more than once after you learn it's the most important. The conversations are very repetitive.
cshort1970

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:55 am

No. Once the category is covered there's no need to text again. It accomplishes nothing.
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion