Custom Conferences ?

Custom Conferences ?

Postby Kb60999 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:30 am

Is it possible to somehow re-arrange the conferences, using an editor or otherwise?

For example, if I wanted to create a historical 90's league where the ACC has 9 teams and the Big Ten has 11 teams. I know the game has a one-for-one swap within the game, so I would probably need to use some sort of database editor.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction as far as how to do this and which free program would work for editing? THANKS!
Kb60999

Re: Custom Conferences ?

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:58 pm

Use the SQLite Studio program. Free download. Download the Real World Mod. Install that. Make a copy of one of the Custom files from the Mod that you can use to start an association. Open that in SQLite, Open the Conferences Table within. Make your changes. Open the Teams Table and make sure everything lines up. As long as you have 35 conferences and 358 Teams, all will be fine for setup. You can make conferences from 8-16 teams (there might be some exceptions there, not sure). Good luck. I have my own setup of fictional colleges for this game, so if you have any further questions, I should be able to answer.
jlemmen43

Postby Kb60999 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:03 pm

Thank you! I will give this a shot this week and let you know if I have any problems.
Kb60999

Postby Kb60999 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:54 pm

Hey, I seem to have the hang of everything. Just wondering if you have an explanation for the Conf Type and Tourney Type fields? Like 12a, 12e, 12g etc.

I'm guessing it has to do with conference scheduling and conference tournament structure. If you know what each one is, please help. I do have an idea how I want each conference to do its season. THANKS AGAIN!
Kb60999

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:41 pm

Conference Type all ties back to the conference scheduling. You can find this in your Schedule Database in the App/Data/ folder. Open that for a guide.
The 12 is obviously for conferences with 12 teams. Then the letter is for the games. 12e is one I like to use, and that helps when having 2 divisions within a conference, where you always play home and away with teams in your division. Then the rest of the conference games are random as far as who you play twice or once. But if you click on each letter in the schedule, and then sort, you can see what kind of setup each is.

Tourney Types are a little less intuitive and you may have to test out some setups to figure out what you want. For reference, I use the Real World Mod as a guide. In a 12 team conference with 2 divisions, I use 12a for tourney type and that gives me seeding based purely on conference record, and disregards division winners. There is a tourney type that seeds based on division standings (albeit in a fixed seeding where the 1st division always gets the #1 seed, 2nd division always gets the #2 seed). Most differences in tourney types deal with single byes & double byes.

Hopefully that helps.
jlemmen43

Postby Kb60999 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:37 am

Have you (or anyone else reading this) ever tried to change the number of teams and conferences? For example, if doing a retro league taking the number of total teams down to 327 or 300. If the database numbers all line up, I would think it would work. But maybe something is coded into the game to disallow that.
Kb60999

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:58 pm

Nah, its hard coded at 358. Been tried for sure and you'll get errors. It would be awesome to have some sort of scalability but I think the way everything is programmed to work with one another, it's set to specifically work with the current format.

You could try taking all the teams you wouldn't want in your setup and shoving them into specific conferences and then changing the CONFTourney Row for those conferences to FALSE. I'm not sure if that keeps teams from those conferences from getting automatic bids to the main tourney or not? If that doesn't work, you can also set all the teams you dont want to 1 prestige and then they are essentially D2 schools. Then every year or so, reset them back to 1.

You could definitely do some of the things you want in Fast Break College Basketball 2010, but the game is so old now. If you don't mind limited graphics and immersion options, but want the complete customization, you can try that one. I played it for many years.
jlemmen43

Postby Kb60999 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:26 pm

Funny you mention Fast Break because I have played that for years and just now am giving DDSCB a try!!
Kb60999

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:46 pm

Kb60999 wrote:Funny you mention Fast Break because I have played that for years and just now am giving DDSCB a try!!

Haha awesome! Welcome. Ive tried over the years to play Draft Day Sports basketball games, but kept scrapping the attempt and going back to Fast Break. But Draft Day is finally pretty damn awesome, so I'm here now. Hopefully you can find enjoyment with this current offering.
jlemmen43

Postby Kb60999 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:32 pm

I ran into this error on December 26 with my custom conferences.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DDSCB2022.dayschedule.CheckForValidRosters(Int32 intGameChosen) in C:\WSDev\DDSCB22\app\html\dayschedule.vb:line 2350
at DDSCB2022.dayschedule.RunSim(WebUI webui) in C:\WSDev\DDSCB22\app\html\dayschedule.vb:line 1936
at DDSCB2022.dayschedule._Closure$__29-0._Lambda$__0() in C:\WSDev\DDSCB22\app\html\dayschedule.vb:line 1611

It looks like the two conferences that won't sim any games that day are the WAC and the American (conferences 31 and 32). But, I can't find anything in SQLite that shows a miscalculation on numbers or anything. Any ideas?
Kb60999

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion