Job Offers

Job Offers

Postby Arich1044 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:11 am

Is there a trick to getting job offers at more prestigious programs? I’m currently going into my 5th season at Mcneese State and my resume is as follows:

Year 1: 22-12 conference finals loss, CIT tourney semi finals
Year 2: 16-15 won 1 conference tourney game, down year with youth
Year 3: 23-13 won conference title, made tourney and got a win as a 14 seed before losing
Year 4: 25-8 another conference title, made tourney but lost in round 1 in a close game.

After 4 seasons, there’s been 0 schools higher than 1 and a half star schools interested in me as head coach. My current school is 1 and a half stars, and I feel as if I’ve done enough to at least get some 2/3 star mid major interest. Do I simply just need to put in more time and keep winning, or am I possibly doing something wrong?
Arich1044

Re: Job Offers

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:52 am

What's your Reputation rating? What about your other ratings? Do you have any "outliers" in areas like Academics (too high maybe), Discipline (too strict maybe). If you gave yourself low or very low potential ratings you may need to wait until you improve in many or most categories. If you gave yourself low final ratings you may never get decent offers.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Arich1044 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:08 am

I believe most of my ratings like academic and discipline are average. I think I set my potential ratings to “veteran” so every potential rating is 75. If this is too low, is there a way to change these settings?
Arich1044

Postby Arich1044 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:09 am

Oh, and my reputation is just now getting into the 20s, so that could be the problem. Just seemed odd to me that I took over a 1 star program and have won a good amount of games but not getting any kind of good offers
Arich1044

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:18 am

In my opinion, you probably have to get another quality year or two under your belt and raise that reputation. That 16-15 year didn't help, but unless you have some limitations like the other posters mentioned, 3 straight years of decent success should open up the doors some.
jlemmen43

Postby Arich1044 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:50 am

Thanks for the replies. Seems like it could be a little bit of a combination of all those things. Hopefully I can have another successful season, but I just lost 3 contributors to the portal so we will see.
Arich1044

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:54 am

Your ratings are fine. If you don't get better offers in a year or two check back in here.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:33 pm

Click on the "Your Office" icon at the top of the main screen and you can review exactly how you set your "attributes" (ambition, academics, discipline, temper,, and integriity)---how you set your academics can definitely keep you from getting some jobs (If it's not high, the schools with very high academics ratings aren't going to be interested). If you really need to change any of your attributes you can go to the commissioner screen and then select "Edit/Add Coaches" and change your attribute ratings.

Then go to "Staff" and open your coach's screen. You will see your repuation rating at the top and you present ratings for the various skills in the lower left. A reputation of 20 probably doesn't qualify you for much above 1-1/2 atar prestige schools. Then go to "Ratings Progression" and check to see how your skills and reputation have been improving over the years you've coached. The skills and reputation generally increases a bit each year, but not a huge change from year to year.

Keep plugging away, your reputation will soon be high enough to get you a job at a higher prestige school.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Arich1044 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:04 pm

Thank you for all the replies. I will keep going at it and hopefully replicate my success from the last 2 seasons. I will update if nothing has changed
Arich1044

Postby jfsolo23 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:41 pm

I feel like it's the ratings of your coach primarily and success is secondary. I always create a boy wonder coach with above average ratings and start out at a relatively low prestige school, and even if I just make the NIT or CBI I will still get offers from programs that are mid level power 5 schools after a couple of years.
jfsolo23

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion