SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby agoo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:33 pm

This may be elsewhere, but a count of how many transfers there are and how many remain would be interesting to see.

Also, having a chance to recruit your own guys who go into the portal. It would be interesting to see a guy who is leaving have the team he's leaving in his top 5 or top 10. The alternative would be rather than leaving for a negative reason, the reason could be "wants to consider other options".
agoo

Postby kujava » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:04 pm

1. RECOGNIZED for Regular Season Championships

2. Show NBA DRAFT Projections-----Top 5, Lottery (top 13), late 1st round, 2nd round, undrafted
----depending on where their projections are---to try to CONVINCE those players to stay at your school

3. Ability to do POSITION CHANGES-----change ex. SG to SF, PG to SG

4. Really like someone's idea of ASSISTANT coaches have PIPELINES to help recruiting----increases desire to get those assistants

5. Players shouldn't declare for draft if under a 3*
kujava

Postby kujava » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 pm

Big one .....

Have OTHER AD's send you email's trying to recruit you to their SCHOOL
*** Discuss their team prestige, facilities, and their schools expectations

than to have ABILITY to negotiate your contract with that AD---a 3 yr deal, 4,5, or 6 year deal also salary ----

Also

maybe have an OVERALL Coach Rating---numerical out of 100
kujava

Postby kujava » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:35 pm

ON all AWARDS----say what YEAR they are without clicking on them
kujava

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 pm

In previous versions if you played a guy at a different position the game eventually changed it for you. It took most all if not year for it to happen and I assume it still does this in this version. You can always go to Commissioner mode and change it yourself in the player editor if you don't' want to wait.
NCAAhoops

Postby ECHood » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 am

Small one but a dose of realism:

NIT tournament games (other than the NIT semifinals and finals) should be HOME/AWAY games, not NEUTRAL. I'm not 100% sure of the real life rules for who hosts games in this tournament but I think it depends on which schools are willing to host, arena availability and capacity. Perhaps the higher seed should always host each round, but it isn't a Neutral game.

The CBI used to be played on home courts of the higher seeds but I think switched to a single neutral site because of Covid. Not sure if they are switching back to the previous way for 2023.

The CIT (Collegebasketballinsider.com tournament) got weird last year after being cancelled because of covid. The name changed to The Basketball Classic and while they envisioned 32 teams, only 18 participated and the teams were reseeded after each round. However, all games were played on campus sites, making these Home/Away contests, not Neutral. I'd say it should probably remain a 32-team tournament in the game but we should keep an eye out for announcements.

If I've missed anything based on my quick Googling, let me know.
ECHood

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:23 pm

Ok, caught up with making additions to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon May 02, 2022 10:25 pm

Well being you're caught up I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Starting with 2 things that were in the game back before the new program language change. (DDSCB2019 had this)
1. When playing out a game on 2D screen I would like to see the player faces instead of team logo when they have an action that shows the pop-up text. I miss this one badly.
2. When playing an exhibition game and on the sub screen when you click on a player name it would bring up that player card so you can see more info on that player.

for easier modding
3. The early season tournaments that you have to do by hand now on every association startup, I would like to see those in the database or able to import by customfile so I don't have to change Hoops for Troops and the other tournaments & logos all the time.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 02, 2022 11:42 pm

Added 'em NCAAhoops.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ECHood » Thu May 05, 2022 3:20 pm

- More postseason awards such as a third team all-conference, an all-defensive team of 5, an all-freshman team of 5, a most improved player perhaps, or scholar athlete of the year

- Postseason all-conference awards should be based on Conference-only regular season stats (like real life); relatedly - all-conference awards should come out before the week of conference tournaments

- Which leads to a request for conference-only regular season stats as a view option on a player's stat page

- Player stat view options should be Overall (including postseason), Conference only (just regular season conference games), and Postseason only (though this last one doesn't do much for me, honestly)

- Would love to see more small-school NBA draft picks, as well as International players who aren't players in the college game listed as drafted.

- If your team wins their conference tournament, you receive your congratulations email on earning a bid to the tournament the next day, instead of after the Selection Show.

- More AI factors in offseason coach hiring - former assistants, former players, getting hired by their former schools; more of an emphasis on regional hires (top assistant at a Big East school gets an America East head job, etc)

- I know this is probably impossible to do, but have the recruit classes break down by state/region in the same way they tend to do in real life - number of recruits from New York and New Jersey much higher than Maine and Vermont, for example.

A couple of other things that aren't requests per se, just observations that could just be me:
1) I know college hoops is all about the upsets, but there seem to be way too many postseason conference tournament upsets - the 1 seed goes out to the 8 or 9 over half the time in my sims it seems. The same goes for 16 & 15 seed NCAA tourney upsets as well... might need to be tuned down some as it's so rare, but happens in this game pretty regularly.

2) As the years go on in a sim I've noticed walk-ons gaining stars to the point where teams have walk-ons with 3 and 4 stars out of 5 who are starting, even for high major schools. Walk-ons should almost always be 1 or a 1/2 star, and rarely if ever better than a scholarship recruit.

Love the game and thanks to everyone involved in making it; hope I'm not too annoying.
ECHood

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion